Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jacksonville vs Dallas Wembley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry if there's already a topic on this which I suspect there may be but I can't find it anywhere.

I was just curious as to how many people are going to the game and where abouts everyone's sitting?

Being from Birmingham, UK and unfortunately being out of the country for last years Wembley game this will be my first chance to see my Jaguars live which I'm thrilled about.

For those of you who haven't been to Wembley before I think you'll love it, it's a fantastic stadium where if you can get the right the atmosphere can be fantastic (I have the pleasure of being there when it was it's loudest in a Sports game, Birmingham vs Arsenal and let me say it's fantastic)
Am there, same seats as last year upper tier right on the halfway line

Also going to.Atlanta Detroit, couldn't pass up.an opportunity to hopefully see megatron
I'll be there - section 513, which I think is up in the nosebleeds behind the endzone. You can't miss me - I'm the one in the black Scobee jersey. Big Grin

Whats the excitement level over there for the team? And how popular in general are the jags?
I've got tickets in the fanzone (lower end zone). Went last year and it was brilliant, before and during the game.

Having said that, our first child is due in November, so I'm crossing my fingers I can make it !
At least the Jags have a good chance of actually winning this one. There was no chance for them to beat the Niners last year. 

I'm also in the Jags fan zone which is lower end zone but not sure which end yet. I've been to Wembley multiple times now for sporting events as well as concerts, and with the way it's built the sound doesn't escape easily (as its in a residential neighbourhood it was designed to keep the noise in), so can get pretty loud.

I was also there for the Birmingham v Arsenal cup final. Who put the ball in the Arsenal net?
Quote:I'm also in the Jags fan zone which is lower end zone but not sure which end yet. I've been to Wembley multiple times now for sporting events as well as concerts, and with the way it's built the sound doesn't escape easily (as its in a residential neighbourhood it was designed to keep the noise in), so can get pretty loud.

I was also there for the Birmingham v Arsenal cup final. Who put the ball in the Arsenal net?

What concerts did you see there?
Quote:What concerts did you see there?

I've seen JayZ, Coldplay and The Killers
Quote:I've seen JayZ, Coldplay and The Killers

The Killers were big enough to play Wembley?? Hard to imagine that they filled it. 

Don't those Brits know the Killers have fake accents? like Green Day???

Quote:The Killers were big enough to play Wembley?? Hard to imagine that they filled it.

Don't those Brits know the Killers have fake accents? like Green Day???

The killers have a huge fan base here. Place was sold out within hours
Quote:The killers have a huge fan base here. Place was sold out within hours

As said....someone needs to clue them Brits on to the Killers.....those are fake British accents. Those [BAD WORD REMOVED] are from Tennessee or something. 

Just like Green Day's [BAD WORD REMOVED] lead singer, who also seems to perpetrate a fake Brit accent. 

Quote:As said....someone needs to clue them Brits on to the Killers.....those are fake British accents. Those [BAD WORD REMOVED] are from Tennessee or something.

Just like Green Day's [BAD WORD REMOVED] lead singer.

They're from Nevada are they not? They've never pretended to be British.
Carlo....are you old enough to remember Live Aid?

I'll never forget how Freddie Mercury had the entire 90000+ in Wembley swaying/ singing to "Radio Ga-ga".  Dude knew how to work a crowd...

Quote:I'm also in the Jags fan zone which is lower end zone but not sure which end yet. I've been to Wembley multiple times now for sporting events as well as concerts, and with the way it's built the sound doesn't escape easily (as its in a residential neighbourhood it was designed to keep the noise in), so can get pretty loud.

Obafemi martins! You a blues fan then? How epic was that day!

I think in terms the jags are quite popular over there but also over here there's going to be a lot of cowboys fans from the 90s era. Which I think you'll find everywhere.

I'm in club wembley behind the goal but left.
Quote:They're from Nevada are they not? They've never pretended to be British.

Then why sing with phony accents?
Quote:Obafemi martins! You a blues fan then? How epic was that day!

I think in terms the jags are quite popular over there but also over here there's going to be a lot of cowboys fans from the 90s era. Which I think you'll find everywhere.

I'm in club wembley behind the goal but left.

Cowboys fans are still everywhere. They are much less bandwagon than I assumed. They haven't won squat in 20 years, yet they are still abundant. 
Quote:Then why sing with phony accents?

$$$$$

I hope this answered your question sufficiently.
I'd be surprised if the Killers could sell out Wembley now, but they were popular for a while.

Never noticed the fake accents though. Always thought of them as an American band - weird !

Hope the Cowboys don't outnumber us at Wembley, but they do have a lot of fans over here from the 90s...
Quote:I'd be surprised if the Killers could sell out Wembley now, but they were popular for a while.

Never noticed the fake accents though. Always thought of them as an American band - weird !

Not sure how you could have listened to "Somebody Told me", "Mr Brightside" or "Smile like you mean it" and not detect any accents. :blink:
Pages: 1 2