Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: T-U article on Lee and Robinson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...ry-plagued

One part I found interesting is what Jaguars' DB Will Blackmon had to say about them.

Quote: 

Jaguars cornerback Will Blackmon is entering his eighth season in the NFL. He was excited when the Jaguars took the pair on May 9 and his expectations have been met to this point.

With Allen, he’s a great combination of that new breed of size and speed,” Blackmon said. “You say ‘OK, he’s a big, strong receiver, so he’s going to try to body me, box me out and get jump balls.’ But, at the same time, he’s able to run by you.”

Blackmon also raves about Lee, who brings a different element to the offense. Lee’s exceptional athleticism has been obvious in camp.

Lee has just got so much raw ability,” Blackmon said. “He’s so quick and fast. He doesn’t even realize it yet. He can easily get a step on us and take off, because he’s so fast up the field.”

I wonder if this is another way of saying Lee doesn't quite yet know how to use his speed to set up his routes.

If Lee doesn't realize how fast he is, how will he look as a receiver when he realizes it?

Does Fisch realize it?  Are the routes effectively utilizing his speed? 

I wonder what Sullivan is telling him.

Just heard Robinson has a tight hamstring...and likely won't play in the scrimmage.  Also Tandon Doss down with an ankle.

Linder also down with a foot sprain.

Ugh...

Quote:Just heard Robinson has a tight hamstring...and likely won't play in the scrimmage.  Also Tandon Doss down with an ankle.

Ugh...

Injuries suck!!!!!!
It happens with every team. Baltimore's 4th round pick tore his ACL.

Quote:Injuries suck!!!!!!

Looks like we will be seeing more of Hurns and Copeland..... Not mad about that aspect.

Hope they are just playing it safe with Robinson.

Btw, does anyone see the similarity between Robinson and Brandon Marshall? Or is that a bad comparison?
Quote:Looks like we will be seeing more of Hurns and Copeland..... Not mad about that aspect.

Hope they are just playing it safe with Robinson.

Btw, does anyone see the similarity between Robinson and Brandon Marshall? Or is that a bad comparison?
I don't think anyone as is physical as Marshall, but Robinson does have a nack for going up and attacking the ball which is a great asset for a wideout.
Quote:Just heard Robinson has a tight hamstring...and likely won't play in the scrimmage.  Also Tandon Doss down with an ankle.

Ugh...
I had a tight hamstring once. Long story short, I'm not allowed in the local swimming pool anymore. 
Good read... thanks for the link...
Crazy as this may sound, Im not so worried about Robinson's hamstring as I am Tandons ankle. Robinson will have a spot on the roster and likely a starting position come sept. Doss is playing for his life and as such I want to see if he becomes something. This team, Now more than ever, needs a WR to step up and surprise people.

Quote:Crazy as this may sound, Im not so worried about Robinson's hamstring as I am Tandons ankle. Robinson will have a spot on the roster and likely a starting position come sept. Doss is playing for his life and as such I want to see if he becomes something. This team, Now more than ever, needs a WR to step up and surprise people.

I am concerned that Robinson's hamstring becomes a season long issue.

I sure hope it doesn't.

Based upon everything I have read, he seems to be a very good prospect.
Quote:http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...ry-plagued

One part I found interesting is what Jaguars' DB Will Blackmon had to say about them.

I wonder if this is another way of saying Lee doesn't quite yet know how to use his speed to set up his routes.

If Lee doesn't realize how fast he is, how will he look as a receiver when he realizes it?

Does Fisch realize it?  Are the routes effectively utilizing his speed? 

I wonder what Sullivan is telling him.
I think it's about him not knowing how to take full advantage of his quickness to get the defender's momentum going the wrong way and timing the burst to run by them.

I think Blackmon had noticed some situations where Lee could have taken advantage of him if he better understood how.

Quote:I think it's about him not knowing how to take full advantage of his quickness to get the defender's momentum going the wrong way and timing the burst to run by them.

I think Blackmon had noticed some situations where Lee could have taken advantage of him if he better understood how.
That makes sense, though I don't think it has to be as dramatic as getting a player's momentum going the wrong way.  All he needs is to make the defender hesitate or take a false step.

I am encouraged that we have a guy who has the tools to be able to do that, and we have a coach who can get that out of him.
Quote:That makes sense, though I don't think it has to be as dramatic as getting a player's momentum going the wrong way.  All he needs is to make the defender hesitate or take a false step.

I am encouraged that we have a guy who has the tools to be able to do that, and we have a coach who can get that out of him.
Well a false step would be their momentum going the wrong way but yeah, catch them in an awkward spot where his quickness can get separation before they can recover.

It's learning to recognize when the defender is in that awkward position and having the correct timing to allow your quickness to take advantage of it.
Just heard on the radio that, like Shorts, Robinson will be out "an extended time" for his hamstring.  Ugh.

Oh well the first couple of preseason games are meaningless anyway. I hope they all see the field a bit before the real deal starts though.