Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Any Adobe Experts Here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am doing a crash course on Adobe CS6, and for anyone who has opened up any of the dozen or so programs, knows that the software is very complex. I have started a new hobby, photography, and want to use some of these programs for photo editing and publishing.

I should start out by saying that I am not enough of a moron to know that someone here can teach me this stuff by posting tips or hints on this forum. However, if you have any useful links, I would be most appreciative. I am currently running the youtube gauntlet, watching all of the tutorials I can, but if there is anything else out there worth while and would help a novice like me, I sure would appreciate it.

I have already learned a few cool things for photo editing. I have a Canon EOS 80D, and have taken some really cool pics with it. It came with 2 basic lenses, but I have ordered a nice macro lens and a nice telephoto lens that goes well beyond the 300mm that the standard lens that came with the camera does. I can basically do anything from close ups to long distance with the 5 lenses I will have (once the last 2 arrive).

I really want to do some nice editing and make some real professional looking photos.

Any help would be most welcome. Thanks!

I'm an expert...
I know this sounds like I am being an [BLEEP], but the best way to learn it is to use it. Download a bunch of junk pics on Google and learn what the filters, effects, layers, etc do. Then combine, merge, delete and start over. Photoshop will probably be your go-to for photo work.

I find it interesting that you chose CS6 over CC. I assume you didn't want to pay a monthly fee for your art programs. I use CC2015 on a daily basis professionally. Illustrator is the program I make money with, but PS is a very powerful program.

Tip number 1 from a guy that has been in the graphics field for nearly 20 years.... Don't let it become a job. Take time to enjoy that you are doing an artistic / creative thing. The results will be just what you make them.