Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Walmart Refuses to Sell Beer to Dad Shopping With 15-Year-Old Daughter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Walmart Refuses to Sell Beer to Dad Shopping With 15-Year-Old

A father was denied the right to buy beer and vodka at a Wal-Mart supercenter in Ames, Iowa on July 13 because he was shopping with his teenage daughter, reports The Des Moines Register.

Jim Davis, 57, says that when he attempted to pay for two six packs of Budweiser and a bottle of Smirnoff, along with some groceries, the checkout clerk asked his 15-year-old daughter for ID. When she, obviously, could not produce proof of legal age, the worker reportedly refused to sell Davis alcohol.

- See more at: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/w...Byxql.dpuf

huh... Should have had her sit in the car
I can see how that's annoying, can't see how there's an article about it.
My friend and I had the same thing happen.  Why didn't we get our own article?  I demand an answer.

If the daughter had just hidden the open container a little better this could have all been avoided.

I saw it happen at Winn Dixie years ago with a mother-daughter. I thought it was odd but they said it was their policy.

Quote:I saw it happen at Winn Dixie years ago with a mother-daughter. I thought it was odd but they said it was their policy.

Wonder if it applies to little children with you as well?
Quote:Wonder if it applies to little children with you as well?
Not at Chuckie Cheese...
Quote:My friend and I had the same thing happen. Why didn't we get our own article? I demand an answer.

Were you buying Budweiser too? Because if you weren't, that's un-American and you had it coming.
Quote:Were you buying Budweiser too? Because if you weren't, that's un-American and you had it coming.

Bud ain't 'merican no more.

Sam Adams is the way to go.
Quote:Bud ain't 'merican no more.

Yeungling. Sam Adams tries to get too cute with their beers and renders them undrinkable, in my opinion. Besides the original brew, there is not one Sam Adams beer I like.
Quote:Bud ain't 'merican no more.

How can Budweiser not be American? It's crappy, mass-produced, watered down, vastly overrated and most Americans are intensely embarrassed by its existence.
Quote:How can Budweiser not be American? It's crappy, mass-produced, watered down, vastly overrated and most Americans are intensely embarrassed by its existence.

I've never read a better description of Budweiser in my life.  Add "sour."  To me, Budweiser tastes sour. 
Quote:How can Budweiser not be American? It's crappy, mass-produced, watered down, vastly overrated and most Americans are intensely embarrassed by its existence.

You forgot to mention that it also protects global and regional Dutch interests who hide under its umbrella. But, yeah...
Quote:You forgot to mention that it also protects global and regional Dutch interests who hide under its umbrella. But, yeah...

Ouch... lol
Quote:Yeungling. Sam Adams tries to get too cute with their beers and renders them undrinkable, in my opinion. Besides the original brew, there is not one Sam Adams beer I like.

Good call. YTWD
If they were carrying a baby, would they ask for the baby's ID?

Quote:If they were carrying a baby, would they ask for the baby's ID?

I was about to post something similar.  If I take my 2 1/2 year old son to Wal Mart and want to buy a 12 pack, do they id him?  It's a stupid policy...kids arent that dumb.  If they want an adult to buy them beer, they will give him the cash and just wait outside. 
Quote:I was about to post something similar.  If I take my 2 1/2 year old son to Wal Mart and want to buy a 12 pack, do they id him?  It's a stupid policy...kids arent that dumb.  If they want an adult to buy them beer, they will give him the cash and just wait outside. 
The best thing about that is when they don't realize the supermarket has two exits so you can just pocket the cash and walk out without them ever knowing. 
Quote:The best thing about that is when they don't realize the supermarket has two exits so you can just pocket the cash and walk out without them ever knowing.
That's how I make all my money.

I started out with banks. Robbing baby's of the lollipops they hand out. Eventually worked my way up to what you said.
Pages: 1 2