Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Punch a Woman or Smoke Marijuana.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The NFL believes it is a far worse crime to smoke marijuana than to punch a woman in the face.

Beat up a woman and only suspend players for 2 games or smoke weed and get a 4 game suspension.

Hope my children see this and realize its better to beat up women than to smoke weed. Keep promoting that thug life.

Thanks Roger.

How do you feel America?

Quote:The NFL believes it is a far worse crime to smoke marijuana than to punch a woman in the face.

Beat up a woman and only suspend players for 2 games or smoke weed and get a 4 game suspension.

Hope my children see this and realize its better to beat up women than to smoke weed. Keep promoting that thug life.

Thanks Roger.

How do you feel America?

I see what you are saying, but I think Goodell has to suspend players based off some set of rules.  If a player were to appeal, its not in his hands anymore.  I would think not getting charges put on him was the clincher, but I don't know.

He was hard on Roethlisberger and suspended him 6 games for something that never went to court.
Quote:The NFL believes it is a far worse crime to smoke marijuana than to punch a woman in the face.

Thanks Roger.

How do you feel America?

Last I checked the NFL gives a lot of leeway to players smoking pot. One test a year, and even after the first time it's shown that your life is being controlled by pot because you can't stop smoking it for a month ahead of the test you still get a free pass until the next failure.

When it comes to violence I can't think of a time someone got a pass for objectively being known to hit a woman.

Roethlisberger just got accused of some inappropriate behaviors and he got a suspension.

Thanks Roger.

How do you feel America?

Wow - there have been many silly/stupid poll questions on here before - and this is right up there with them.

Please learn more about how the NFL works and what Goddell's powers are. You're looking ignorant.

But keep on pushing that trite viewpoint, like we don't see that a lot.

And you're asking America? Really?
You gotta admit though, the league is not very consistent with their punishments. 

If the league is determined to be the moral police, and administer punishment for off-the-field behavior, then the 2 game suspension was absolutely too light (given other suspensions handed out for various reasons). 

Quote:Last I checked the NFL gives a lot of leeway to players smoking pot. One test a year, and even after the first time it's shown that your life is being controlled by pot because you can't stop smoking it for a month ahead of the test you still get a free pass until the next failure.

When it comes to violence I can't think of a time someone got a pass for objectively being known to hit a woman.

Roethlisberger just got accused of some inappropriate behaviors and he got a suspension.

Ray Rice knocked his fiancee unconscious and was caught on a security camera dragging her limp body out.of the elevator they were in when whatever happened occurred.

Rice got a 2 game suspension.
Quote:Wow - there have been many silly/stupid poll questions on here before - and this is right up there with them.

Please learn more about how the NFL works and what Goddell's powers are. You're looking ignorant.

Brian, do you believe that Ray Rice should have received heavier penalty than just 2 a game suspension?

Yes/ No?
Quote:Ray Rice knocked his fiancee unconscious and was caught on a security camera dragging her limp body out.of the elevator they were in when whatever happened occurred.

Rice got a 2 game suspension.

And if it had been his first failed drug test he'd have gotten nothing and no mention of it would be made by the NFL.

What's your point?
Terrell Pryor got 5 games for getting free tattoos in college.

Can't I do both?

Quote:Wow - there have been many silly/stupid poll questions on here before - and this is right up there with them.

The idea is that what Goodell is allowed to suspend a player for, and how long, is a problem.

Domestic Abuse is a serious problem.
Quote:Terrell Pryor got 5 games for getting free tattoos in college.

Terrell Pryor was playing an amateur sport.  There is absolutely no comparison.
Quote:The idea is that what Goodell is allowed to suspend a player for, and how long, is a problem.

Domestic Abuse is a serious problem.

Agree, but it doesn't seem like something the NFL wants to budge on and they have given players things in negotiations to keep it the way it is.  They signed the agreement, you can't really get too mad after the fact.
Quote:And if it had been his first failed drug test he'd have gotten nothing and no mention of it would be made by the NFL.

What's your point?

My point is that one unconscious woman > 2 failed drug tests.
Quote:Terrell Pryor was playing an amateur sport.  There is absolutely no comparison.

The NFL suspended him.
Quote:My point is that one unconscious woman > 2 failed drug tests.

I believe you're right, but anyone saying the NFL is harder on drug tests than possible domestic abuse is wrong.

Personally I wanted Roethlisberger banned for life for his multiple rapes, but the fact of the matter is no matter how much the NFL wants to act like it cares about player behavior off the field what they really care about is keeping their elite athletes playing the game regardless of anything else.
Did anyone catch Mike and Mike this morning?

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index...._mike.html

It's clear the NFL has no idea how to handle cases such as these.
Have the potheads stopped to realize that the pothead players elected union representatives who negotiated the punishment when said potheads decide that a blunt is more important then their career. Probably not. Actually, definitely not. That's pretty clear since the players signed off on those punishments for burning blunts the last time the NFLPA signed off on the latest CBA. Maybe they should collectively bargain punishments for cold cocking one's spouse in the future........ Then all lawbreakers will feel like they're being treated equally under the rules.

Quote:Brian, do you believe that Ray Rice should have received heavier penalty than just 2 a game suspension?

Yes/ No?

Well Howdy, if you've read the reasoning behind it tell me what is faulty in that reasoning.

I have no problem with the punishment.

Now, do your usual and be two-faced. Goodell is too strict, blah, blah, blah. But this time you get to pretend to care about the NFL's stance on domestic violence. I've seen your past statements regarding Rice's wife, so I know your not concerned with her welfare.

Here you go Mr. Doody - give it your best self-righteous shot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4