Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: stop sticking your tongue out Blake!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's rude, crude, and if you get hit on the chin (which isn't supposed to happen) you might bite it off! Then you'll be calling signals like this....

'thet pweenty two, thet pweenty two, phut phut...!

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue  <--- Blake

Sticking out his tongue was what kept Michael Jordan from  being great.

Blake the Snake

Quote:Blake the Snake
Now that's a nickname that might stick!!!! Much better than Bortle Kombat IMHO!!!!!
The only issue I see with it is what was said in the beginning....you don't want him doing that when he's about to get popped under the chin by another football helmet....that indeed could have very unfortunate circumstances. 

Miley Cyrus is our QB?

What is wrong with sticking your tongue out? I do it all the time. Go on, you know  you wanna try it!

Who cares? Seriously. He's not the only QB who does this, and there haven't been a rash of tongue injuries in the past.
Has anyone ever actually bit off their tongue from doing this?  :teehee:

Quote:Who cares? Seriously. He's not the only QB who does this, and there haven't been a rash of tongue injuries in the past.

You're probably right....tbh, this is probably the first time I've ever heard about this regarding a QB though. 
It's a habit of deep concentration. He can do what he wants as long as the Jaguars are scoring points.

When he sticks his tongue out he doesn't throw those Mallard ducks... leave him alone...
Whatever works.  One blindside hit could make him think twice about it.

Quote:Who cares? Seriously. He's not the only QB who does this, and there haven't been a rash of tongue injuries in the past.

I can't think of any other QB who regularly sticks his tongue out when throwing the ball. Seriously, if he doesn't cut it out, one day he'll take a good whack to the head causing his teeth to clamp down on that tongue.

I'm guessing he's been doing it since he's been ten years old, so I doubt he's changing anytime soon.

Let's work on the footwork first. We'll worry about the tongue later.

My guess is he has been doing it since he's played QB, and nothing has happened yet. I think I'd rather have the tongue then the way Henny holds his left hand. They all make a face. Brunell stuck his tongue out also. But he did the forward fat lip technique vs. the trying to steer an object with my tongue technique. 

Smh... Ima just guess we're still in the dead zone.
I, unfortunately, have had the pleasure of biting through my tongue in a sports related accident. 

I was a shortstop and was sticking my tongue out (involuntarily) while turning a double play; the runner ran into my chin (instead of sliding) to break up the play.  I bit through (not off) my tongue, and got many very painful shots and 'layered' stiches in my tongue at the ER.  I stopped sticking my tongue out thereafter. 

Quote:I, unfortunately, have had the pleasure of biting through my tongue in a sports related accident.

I was a shortstop and was sticking my tongue out (involuntarily) while turning a double play; the runner ran into my chin (instead of sliding) to break up the play. I bit through (not off) my tongue, and got many very painful shots and 'layered' stiches in my tongue at the ER. I stopped sticking my tongue out thereafter.
makes me cringe just hearing about it.
Pages: 1 2