Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vick Ballard tears ACL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not a stud by any stretch, but I thought he would get a good chunk of the carries. Big loss for the team everyone predicts to win the division.
And by ACL, I mean Achilles. Sorry for the misinformation.
This puts a bigger burden on Richardson. I'm not sure what was wrong last season but I think it will be an anomaly. T rich should bounce back.
Not a huge fan of Ballard. 

As for Richardson....not sure why last year would be seen as an anomaly. He wasn't really all that good the year prior. 

Stinks.

His career is probably in doubt, too. Tore his ACL last year, achilles this year. Can't seem to catch a break.

Looks like the backfield will be Richardson/Bradshaw...

Between Ace/Blackmon, Ballard/Brazill, the AFC South isn't staring out so good already.

Quote:Not a huge fan of Ballard.

As for Richardson....not sure why last year would be seen as an anomaly. He wasn't really all that good the year prior.
I think Richardson will be better.

His first year with the Browns, he had some good moments. I personally saw him in Cincy slicing through the Bengals that day. He had a very good game, and the Bengals D was very good a couple years ago.

Most his rookie year, he was not all that good. But, you gotta remember the Browns of that time. Gordon hadn't really done anything to that point, no Cameron playing like he does now, and they had rookie Brandon Weeden for goodness sake. Most teams just basically played to stuff rookie Richardson,, and he still had some decent showings.

Last year was rough. He looked like he had a terrible time adjusting to the new circumstances. He should be a lot better this year.

I think he's going to be a very good RB, but not a great one. He'll probably never live up to his draft position. I think that's what makes people expect so much more, and he fails. He'll be a good RB that looks like he should've gone somewhere in middle 2nd rd.
Quote:I think Richardson will be better.

His first year with the Browns, he had some good moments. I personally saw him in Cincy slicing through the Bengals that day. He had a very good game, and the Bengals D was very good a couple years ago.

Most his rookie year, he was not all that good. But, you gotta remember the Browns of that time. Gordon hadn't really done anything to that point, no Cameron playing like he does now, and they had rookie Brandon Weeden for goodness sake. Most teams just basically played to stuff rookie Richardson,, and he still had some decent showings.

Last year was rough. He looked like he had a terrible time adjusting to the new circumstances. He should be a lot better this year.

I think he's going to be a very good RB, but not a great one. He'll probably never live up to his draft position. I think that's what makes people expect so much more, and he fails. He'll be a good RB that looks like he should've gone somewhere in middle 2nd rd.

I think you're trying hard to find reasons that Richardson might live up to his draft hype, so you don't realize you are making excuses for his sub par play. 

Bottom line is (especially at the RB position more than just about any other)....if you're good, it shows quickly and it often doesn't matter if you're on a bad team or not. 

IMO, Richardson just isn't all that good at this level of football. I don't anticipate him showing us much different than he's shown his first 2 seasons, going forward. 
Quote:I think you're trying hard to find reasons that Richardson might live up to his draft hype, so you don't realize you are making excuses for his sub par play.

Bottom line is (especially at the RB position more than just about any other)....if you're good, it shows quickly and it often doesn't matter if you're on a bad team or not.

IMO, Richardson just isn't all that good at this level of football. I don't anticipate him showing us much different than he's shown his first 2 seasons, going forward.

You could certainly be right about him. I do agree with you that he'll never live up to his draft hype. However, I do think he'll be better than last year (it couldn't get much worse). I think he'll be a good back worthy of a mid-late 2nd round type player.
Quote:You could certainly be right about him. I do agree with you that he'll never live up to his draft hype. However, I do think he'll be better than last year (it couldn't get much worse). I think he'll be a good back worthy of a mid-late 2nd round type player.

I agree that he could be better than last year, thats why I also included his rookie year. 

I just don't see Richardson ever being more than the best that we've seen from him so far as an NFL player. What we've seen overall, is what he is at this level. 
Quote:Between Ace/Blackmon, Ballard/Brazill, the AFC South isn't staring out so good already.

Even worse ... Henne-Locker-Fitzpatrick
Richardson just looked sloooooow last season when we played them. It was night and day with him in there compared to when Donald Brown got in the game.