Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Article on Toby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Agreed with this completely. I have been saying the same since seeing him in videos since he signed. He's football quick, especially for his size.
I would click the link, but I see it says Bleacher Report and therefore it bears no credibility.
It was written by Mike Freeman: Mike Freeman is a columnist for Bleacher Report. He has previously written for the New York Times, Washington Post, Dallas Morning News, Boston Globe and Florida Times-Union and CBSSports.com.
I'd like to read a feature about something other than Gerhart or Henne/Bortles. But at least it's all been positive so far...
I'd say this article is spot on. To be a star in the league is more than talent. MUCH MORE. Toby is indeed talented but what I've known ever since I watched him play in high school and all the way to the Vikings, is his mental approach to the game. He is well aware of his GOD given talents but he impresses me most with his humilty and his relentless will power. Also to be a star in the NFL, alot depends on longevity because it's such a violent game...especially at his position. Him staying healthy and playing every game will bring huge dividends. Of this I have no doubt. But, he will be the first to admit, his success is about the team. That's rare these days in a world af millionaire egomaniacs. Good article but those who have truly followed Toby Gerhart have known this all along. Have a great season Toby!

I don't think people understand how freaky of an athlete Toby is; if you've played sports at a high level you'll definitely understand. There aren't too many human beings that are 6'0 230+ LBs that can jump 38 Inches and run a 4.5, that's insane athleticism considering his size. He could easily dunk a baseball (off vert/not getting a running start) and I wouldn't be surprised if he could 360 dunk as well, that vert equals incredible explosion. I'm stoked to see what he can do in a feature role; he has all of the physical and mental qualities to be very productive for a long time.

Nice article to which all has been realized w/respect to projections. I honestly feel that he'll be a good back for us but it remains to be seen if /when he'll be all that's projected...

NH3...
hopefully this year he won't come out there looking like the guy in Madden who you draft before you personalize him.

smh. guy has horrible uniform accessories. but that's okay.....

Quote:It was written by Mike Freeman: Mike Freeman is a columnist for Bleacher Report. He has previously written for the New York Times, Washington Post, Dallas Morning News, Boston Globe and Florida Times-Union and CBSSports.com.
That's a lot of places to get fired from.
Gerhart's face and demeanor don't match his physique.  The guy is a horse but he looks and interviews almost like a computer science major.  Funny.

Quote:Gerhart's face and demeanor don't match his physique.  The guy is a horse but he looks and interviews almost like a computer science major.  Funny.
On the field he's superman but out of the game he is clark kent
Quote:Gerhart's face and demeanor don't match his physique.  The guy is a horse but he looks and interviews almost like a computer science major.  Funny.
Yeah. He's got a bit of a comb-over forming and I find it hilarious that this guy was the Heisman runner-up.
Quote:It was written by Mike Freeman: Mike Freeman is a columnist for Bleacher Report. He has previously written for the New York Times, Washington Post, Dallas Morning News, Boston Globe and Florida Times-Union and CBSSports.com.

In January 2004, Freeman resigned before starting a columnist job at <i>The Indianapolis Star</i> after he was discovered lying about his education, specifically falsely claiming a college degree.<sup>[3]</sup> Tom Jolly, sports editor at The New York Times, said "Mike's career here speaks for itself, he did some great work here".<sup>[4]</sup> Freeman subsequently said "There are no excuses and I have never made any. Never will either. I’ll get my degree this summer or fall and start my pursuit of an advanced degree the following spring."<sup>[5]</sup>

Quote:In January 2004, Freeman resigned before starting a columnist job at <i>The Indianapolis Star</i> after he was discovered lying about his education, specifically falsely claiming a college degree.<sup>[3]</sup> Tom Jolly, sports editor at The New York Times, said "Mike's career here speaks for itself, he did some great work here".<sup>[4]</sup> Freeman subsequently said "There are no excuses and I have never made any. Never will either. I’ll get my degree this summer or fall and start my pursuit of an advanced degree the following spring."<sup>[5]</sup>

Freeman is one of only a handful of writers to win multiple awards in one year in the annual Associated Press Sports Editors writing contest. In 2005 Freeman won the Florida Sports Writer's Association Shelby Strother Award in the state's largest circulation category. The award is given to the year's outstanding sports journalist.

https://pressroom.turner.com/us/turner-s...9jubONdXSw

Quote:That's a lot of places to get fired from.
I've read some of Freeman, but don't remember if I like him or not...  But Man, if that's his career path, it looks like a serious longtime downward spiral.
Quote:I've read some of Freeman, but don't remember if I like him or not...  But Man, if that's his career path, it looks like a serious longtime downward spiral.

If you factor all the perks that go along with working for www.bleacherreport.com like getting to stand on the sidelines of the JU football games, it's not all that bad.