Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars history with troubles WRs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RJ Soward

Jimmy Smith

Matt Jones

Ace Sanders

And now Justin Blackmon.

We have been missing a dominant receiver ever since Jimmy hung up his cleats and we keep having bad luck with his replacement.

Why would a millionaire who gets to suit up on Sundays for the world to watch, be so desperate to get drunk and smoke weed?

Stay at home and party ir dont do it period.

Why!

Blackmon is a type of player that could carry a team to a super bowl.
Reggie Williams
Quote:RJ Soward

Jimmy Smith

Matt Jones

Ace Sanders

And now Justin Blackmon.

We have been missing a dominant receiver ever since Jimmy hung up his cleats and we keep having bad luck with his replacement.

Why would a millionaire who gets to suit up on Sundays for the world to watch, be so desperate to get drunk and smoke weed?

Why!

While the Jags have had their share....I think it more to do with the position than the Jags. WR is generally a diva/ selfish/ me-first position out of all of them. Most of the problem children players in the NFL seem to be receivers for whatever reason. 
Quote:RJ Soward

Jimmy Smith

Matt Jones

Ace Sanders

And now Justin Blackmon.

Why!

This all really goes to show that you shouldn't draft WRs high unless they're absolutely elite talents.

Spend your high picks on premium position guys.

If Ace Sanders doesn't straighten up it's little lost, only a 4th round pick, but having Blackmon be a druggie is a lot of draft value wasted.
Wow...how could I forget Reggie Williams.

And didnt Mike Walker miss meetings and missed curfew before the Seattle game...

These guys. ......
It's the position, not the team. Unfortunately the front office has to keep swinging. For every Cecil Shorts you get a Mike Sims-Walker, Ernest Wilford, Mike Thomas. None of these guys are even considered busts because they were all 3rd-4th round selections, but all of them had the same diva mentality that lead to them having shortened careers.

Quote:It's the position, not the team. Unfortunately the front office has to keep swinging. For every Cecil Shorts you get a Mike Sims-Walker, Ernest Wilford, Mike Thomas. None of these guys are even considered busts because they were all 3rd-4th round selections, but all of them had the same diva mentality that lead to them having shortened careers.

I agree with your general point, but I don't recall Ernest Wilford being much of a diva...his problem was he simply wasn't all that quick/ or straight line fast. 
He wasnt a good tight end either
Wilford wasnt a diva. He was just slow.
Well with Wilford there was the one nightclub incident in 2011. Everyone forgets that one lol.
Quote:I agree with your general point, but I don't recall Ernest Wilford being much of a diva...his problem was he simply wasn't all that quick/ or straight line fast. 

I remember Ernest Wilford for his size, good hands,  and excellent blocking skills.   As a complementary / speciality piece to the puzzle,  a team could do much worse.
Quote:I remember Ernest Wilford for his size, good hands,  and excellent blocking skills.   As a complementary / speciality piece to the puzzle,  a team could do much worse.

Wilford had those 2 game winning touchdowns his rookie yr and then went downhill from there. Reggie Williams was good blocker too.
Quote:Wilford had those 2 game winning touchdowns his rookie yr and then went downhill from there. Reggie Williams was good blocker too.
Wilford was what he was, which was a good #3 receiver, and there was times he stepped up when no one else did.

People want to knock Wilford but he was the only big receiver we had at the time that actually went up for the ball and came down with it against smaller DBs
Quote:Wilford had those 2 game winning touchdowns his rookie yr and then went downhill from there. Reggie Williams was good blocker too.

You might want to pop in the tape of the Jaguars-Steelers playoff game.