Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Football Gameplan's 2014 NFL Team Preview - Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://footballgameplan.com/fbgps-2014-n...e-jaguars/

Good afternoon Jaguar fans! Here's my season preview for you guys. Good luck this year!

Em

Great Job

Quote:http://footballgameplan.com/fbgps-2014-n...e-jaguars/

Good afternoon Jaguar fans! Here's my season preview for you guys. Good luck this year!

Em

Good video.

Storm Johnson definitely will be an interesting guy to see. Could end up quite the value in the 7th if he can hold on to the ball.

I agree about Henne and Bortles, too. We already know how (badly) Henne plays QB, Bortles should be starting at some point this season. Most elite prospects start out better than Henne's best case scenario.
Overall, excellent.   Your knowledge of the Jags has really gone up over the last year. 

One slight addition....the team seems quite high on Abry Jones in the interior defensive line rotation; GM Caldwell was highlighting him this offseason as an undrafted find with a bright future, along with LB LaRoy Reynolds.    

Well done, Emory.  Well researched as always.

I don't think anyone wants to see Henne play all 16 games this year, but I have a feeling we'll see him play at least half of them.
Thanks Gang! How do you guys fell about the overall talent of the team? Do you think I was off-based in thinking that the roster has gotten better? I know I've done the draft grades video for you guys..but I have to reiterate that the Jags had a great draft both with picks and UDFAs. Plenty should help this year

Quote:Thanks Gang! How do you guys fell about the overall talent of the team? Do you think I was off-based in thinking that the roster has gotten better? I know I've done the draft grades video for you guys..but I have to reiterate that the Jags had a great draft both with picks and UDFAs. Plenty should help this year

I think the overall feel is that the roster is much better, but the key positions of QB and pass rush are still suspect if the former Seahawks don't turn out to be up to their old form.

The rookie receivers look promising but will need time to get into NFL form.

If Bortles really is a franchise guy this team can compete once he's in, but until then it can't carry a guy of Henne's level.
Roster is improved from last year's level, but still likely another year away from competing for a playoff spot.  Another year of personnel acquisition/upgrades and experience for the youth presently on the roster is needed.  Unfortunately, still work to do....  

Good overall video but I disagree with a few things.

1. You seem to really dislike Henne and believe Borltes is already the better option.  According to the coaches this is a sit year for Bortles and they believe Henne to be the better option.  When Henne has time in the pocket and a receiver too throw too he has played solid at times.  This team has struggled to protect any QB and have a consistent receiver on the field.  I believe Henne will be solid if this team gives him some help.

2. Picking unproven rookies over Gerhart?  Gerhart has proven he can carry the load in the NFL averaging over 4.7 ypc.  The one knack on Gerhart that seems to be missed is he fumbles a little too often. In 275 career carries he has fumbled 7 times.  Thats too many. 

Gerhart is a feature back and will do well if the line plays well.  Storm has all the physical tools but is going to have to get better at running north/south instead of hesitating and will need to do a better job of holding onto the ball.  He fumbled in some pretty critical situations last year.

I agree with the others great video and pretty much spot on assessment.

Storm needs Stick-um and Henne needs Throw-um