Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ngakoue is the real deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just following the guy on Instagram and Twitter he loves football and it's all he really posts about. Just working out like a savage and wanting to be great to do wonders for the Jags. His heart is really in the game first and foremost. So glad we got him. I think he can potentially be the best edge rusher the Jags have ever had. 

Not bad for a third round guy that was used as a situational rusher in college at Maryland.

Quote:Not bad for a third round guy that was used as a situational rusher in college at Maryland.

Hey, Olivier Vernon was a 3rd round pick for Miami and the Jags and Giants got in a bidding war to make him filthy rich. Same height at 6 foot 2 as well. It's all about finding the right guy for your squad.
Yannick is a great guy, he's super focused on training and getting better. 

He's also very underrated by the national media who are not really informed as pretty much everyone on nfl.com and those kind of websites has Fowler as the starter over him and thought Yannick was the back up last year (which wasn't the case). 

I'm excited to see Ngakoue improving again this second year, with olines having to focus more on Campbell-Jackson I think Yannick can go double digit sacks this year. 

I'm a big Ngakoue fan. Very happy he's a Jag. 

The first three picks of that 2016 draft could all end up being top tier core players for the team for a long time. 

Let's just pretend we took him 3rd overall and Fowler was a 3rd round pick
Quote:Let's just pretend we took him 3rd overall and Fowler was a 3rd round pick

Or we could just be happy we got a steal in the third round in 2016 and see if this guy can get Fowler coached up with more than one way to get to the QB. 
I noticed that Carroll Phillips, the UDFA out of Illinois, who had 9 sacks in the Big 10 last season is about the same size as Ngakoue. Both are under 250 lbs and about 6'2" in height.

We've found our pass rusher.
I wish they could measure how big hearts are.
This year should be all about rotation with our d-line. Keep bringing in change of pace guys so the o-line can never get comfortable...speed/power/hustle should be able to wear an offense down and allow our secondary to get some turnovers.
I loved him in passing downs this year, great rookie contributions. If he starts to play the run well he can very well be an elite DE. Would be nice to have a nice rush for once in what feels like decades. 

I haven't been this excited for a pass rusher since watching the Jaguars 7th round pick Bobby McCray in his block buster third season. That was more than a decade ago.

Ngakoue continues to say the right things:

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...a3d079eb07
He is going to achieve double digits this season. I'm calling for 12. Boooyyaaa!!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Looking forward to seeing his development
(05-17-2017, 06:57 AM)irontrooper1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Yannick is a great guy, he's super focused on training and getting better. 

He's also very underrated by the national media who are not really informed as pretty much everyone on nfl.com and those kind of websites has Fowler as the starter over him and thought Yannick was the back up last year (which wasn't the case). 

I'm excited to see Ngakoue improving again this second year, with olines having to focus more on Campbell-Jackson I think Yannick can go double digit sacks this year. 

I too am expecting/wishing that Yannick reaches the double digits w/respect to sacks. I also feel that he'll be one Hell-Of-A DE as well. Cambell on one side w/Yannick on the other is a good scenario to have.

NH3...
There's a lotta big guys to block.. Jackson and Campbell and jones. I can imagine o-lines will put 2 bodies on them, freeing up 1 on 1's for yannick if the offense doesn't use a blocking RB or TE. This d-line has me pumped
Pages: 1 2