Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags WR's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seriously, we need to put a stop to this somehow. I know I nor any of you have no say so in the decisions regarding this team, but it's getting ridiculous. 

It's one thing when Justin Blackmon, a legit top 5 talent in this league has problems (which were actually evident in college) and it transfers to the NFL. He legit is someone to give every last change to and hope he comes back ready to make some noise and finally prove his demons are past him. 

When you have someone like Ace Sanders end up doing the same thing (obviously his 2nd failure at the NFL level) while knowing what his teammate JB has done and is going through, you just have to make some type of impact on it.

We've dealt with WR issues for far to long... RJ Soward, Reggie Williams, Troy Williamson, Matt Jones... I mean geez you an go on... we have not had a legit WR other than JB in how many years? We have to resolve this issue at some point, and somehow. 

I wonder how much the scouting dept knew of Ace's habits

Quote:I wonder how much the scouting dept knew of Ace's habits

I never knew he had any issues at all until they popped up recently.. it makes it seem like literally anyone could have issues. I guess that's true, but it's scary.

I was hoping for mid-average to great things this year leading into an amazing 2016. 
getting beat week after week pushes them to use illegal drugs.

Let's hope Lee and/or Robinson are what the Jags FO believe them to be and this will be old news.

Quote:getting beat week after week pushes them to use illegal drugs.

Are you serious...
I'm not saying they're jerks or not.

But I just think this is a case of people living like they've always lived.

I would bet the percentage of players that get caught to the percentage that smoke weed is pretty damn low. I don't think it's any different than society as a whole.
Well, it's good news for Tandon Doss and Hurns.  With Ace gone for a lil while they just became important.

Quote:Are you serious...
Serious statements end with ->>> Banana
Quote:getting beat week after week pushes them to use illegal drugs.

Know this from experience, Dave?
Quote:Know this from experience, Dave?
Last years game day experience was.... well.... Sick Needed lots of alcohol like blackmon
If you guys listened to the phone call ace said this is something he never did in college at South Carolina soooooo
Has there been a team with worst luck when it comes to receivers?

RJ Soward

Reggie Williams

Matt Jones

Justin Blackmon

All first round picks, all good for nothing except for maybe Reggie Williams one season. This doesn't include the myriad of later round receivers that all ended up terrible.

"Wrs are a dime a dozen" said Vic Ketchman

more like a dime bag for every dozen WRs in Jacksonville.

RIOT!!! :geek:

Hasn't everyone heard? The progressives in this country say it's cool and hip to do. It should be legal and everyone should be doing it.

Who cares if it's against the rules......

I dont really understand why you need drugs or even alcohol if you have as much money as these players do. What are they trying to escape from?

I think having all this money and the kind of people that it invites makes it easier for players to fall into these pit falls. It's a shame but it's happening a lot lately.
Quote:Has there been a team with worst luck when it comes to receivers?

RJ Soward

Reggie Williams

Matt Jones

Justin Blackmon

All first round picks, all good for nothing except for maybe Reggie Williams one season. This doesn't include the myriad of later round receivers that all ended up terrible.
Add to that the WR's who have not been 1st rounders, but suffered the "Jags Jinx"; Jimmy Smith, Andre Rison, Jerry Porter.  Maybe not drugs with Rison and Porter  (MAYBE not), but definitely bad luck and disappointment.
It does seem as if we can't get a WR that doesn't have problems. From suspensions to just not being able to hold onto the ball we just can't catch a break. Add to that we can't draft a QB that is good enough to utilize subpar receivers. Hopefully the new administration will reverse this trend we've been in what seems like forever.

Pages: 1 2