Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chad Henne - 2nd Best QB in AFC South?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jaworski likes Henne over Fitzpatrick and Locker.  Ranks him 27th overall.

Quote:ESPN's Ron Jaworski created some buzz recently when he ranked Matt Cassel last in his annual quarterback ratings.

One thing that may have gone unnoticed by non-Jacksonville Jaguars fans, however, is the fact that the second-best quarterback in the AFC South wears black and teal [Image: in.gif]. Chad Henne came in 27th in Jaworski's rankings, but that was higher than two other QBs in the division.

Tennessee's Jake Locker was rated as 29th and Houston's Ryan Fitzpatrick 31st. Jaworski ranked Indianapolis' Andrew Luck a surprising fifth, ahead of Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (sixth), Atlanta's Matt Ryan (eighth), and the New York Giants' Eli Manning (11th).

As for Henne, Jaworski calls him a "solid NFL quarterback" who doesn't move well and needs a clean pocket to really thrive.

Let the Henne Hate commence...

I see nothing wrong with how he stated that.

Quote:Jaworski likes Henne over Fitzpatrick and Locker.  Ranks him 27th overall.

Let the Henne Hate commence...

Really says more about how desperately bad the rest of the division is at the position than anything else.

I look forward to being talked about as a team with a top 10 QB soon thanks to Bortles, then people can stop trying to defend bottom of the league guys as if there were something there worth defending.
Quote:I see nothing wrong with how he stated that.
I don't either, but we've seen many regulars of this forum rank Henne outside of the 32 starters on several occasions, so I deemed it a worthy topic while we wait for camp to start.
Quote:Really says more about how desperately bad the rest of the division is at the position than anything else.

I look forward to being talked about as a team with a top 10 QB soon thanks to Bortles, then people can stop trying to defend bottom of the league guys as if there were something there worth defending.
Its a very bad division QB wise.

AFC South QB rankings:

- Luck

- everybody else.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

<span style="font-size:14px;">Hopefully Bortles can shake that up sooner rather than later. </span>
Quote:Its a very bad division QB wise.

AFC South QB rankings:

- Luck

- everybody else.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

<span style="font-size:14px;">Hopefully Bortles can shake that up sooner rather than later. </span>

you need a few more spaces in between 
It's just a bad division all the way around right now, I don't even see Luck as a world beater.

I disagree....but its not like theres much of a difference in talent between the rest of the AFC QB after Luck. 

Quote:... I don't even see Luck as a world beater.
Jaws sure seems to. 
Quote:It's just a bad division all the way around right now, I don't even see Luck as a world beater.

That feeling you have is called sour grapes.

If Luck was the Jaguars' QB you'd consider him to be the next Joe Montana.
Luck is the best QB in the division.  But even he didn't do as well as he's being credited.  Henne will be ranked above the other two guys because Houston and Tennessee are in QB problem situations too.  Doesn't mean Henne's good.  Just means the division's QB's are bad.

I think it's a pretty fair assessment of where we're at with the QB position right now.  The good news is Henne's replacement is on the roster. 

Luck is the best QB in the division right now without a doubt. I think the rest of the rankings are reasonable based on the players performances in 2013.
Quote:Luck is the best QB in the division.  But even he didn't do as well as he's being credited.  Henne will be ranked above the other two guys because Houston and Tennessee are in QB problem situations too.  Doesn't mean Henne's good.  Just means the division's QB's are bad.

Agreed.  It will be interesting to see Luck this year though.  I think it will show whether he is ready to take that step to elite status or remain a really good QB.  I don't think it will be measurable by Wins/Losses, but rather the eye test.
Quote:That feeling you have is called sour grapes.

If Luck was the Jaguars' QB you'd consider him to be the next Joe Montana.

Not at all, I think Luck is perfectly average QB that could one day be a really good QB. He's not Manning and at this point I don't really ever seeing him playing at Manning's level in the near future.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think Henne will do good things this season and turn some heads. I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Quote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think Henne will do good things this season and turn some heads. I don't care what anyone else thinks.

I agree with this to a point. I think the people thinking that last year was his ceiling forget that he's really never been in the position he finds himself this year.
Quote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think Henne will do good things this season and turn some heads. I don't care what anyone else thinks.

I tend to agree.  He won't be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady,  but I think this is his best opportunity to showcase his abilities, and he's in a good situation where he's familiar with the playbook and the personnel.  This is a big year for him while he's still young enough to make a moderately successful career of it.
I too think Henne will turn heads...I just tend to think it will be people turning their heads so they don't have to watch him play...I really hope that Bortles turns out to be a top 10 QB so we can finally have something to be excited about at the QB position.

Luck is a solid starter. The rest are bums. To paraphrase my former boss. "Top of a pile of poo is still a pile of poo."
Pages: 1 2