Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Robinson blurb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
per rotoworld: 

Allen Robinson - WR - Jaguars

ESPN Jaguars reporter Michael DiRocco believes "anywhere from 30-40 catches" would be a "very good season" for rookie Allen Robinson.

Indeed. Robinson is unlikely to play in two-wide sets -- he's behind Marqise Lee and Cecil Shorts -- and the Jaguars intend to lean on their Toby Gerhart-led run game this season. About 35 catches with a 15-plus yards-per-reception average would be a nice showing from Robinson, whose Dynasty outlook is far more enticing than his re-draft prospects. Robinson is still only 20 years old.

Wow.....I didn't realize Robinson is still only 20 years old! 

If he develops on the field quickly, and is fortunate enough to avoid major injury, he could amass some hefty numbers by the time his career winds down. 

I really hope he can become a star, He has the time to develop and hes coming to the team at hopefully the right time. I believe our future is bright Big Grin as is his of course.

Quote:I really hope he can become a star, He has the time to develop and hes coming to the team at hopefully the right time. I believe our future is bright Big Grin as is his of course.

The cool thing is...if Blake also is the real deal (and stays healthy too), that combo will be together possibly for the duration of each's career. The Bortles to Robinson connection could conceivably still be relevant and going strong a full decade from now, given the age's of both. 
The good thing about Allen Robinson is that, by the time he becomes a savvy veteran, he will also have a lot left in the tank.
You'd think he would play in 2WR sets given we run out of them a lot and he is probably a stronger blocker than Lee given his size but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Quote:The cool thing is...if Blake also is the real deal (and stays healthy too), that combo will be together possibly for the duration of each's career. The Bortles to Robinson connection could conceivably still be relevant and going strong a full decade from now, given the age's of both. 
If Dave & Gus words hold to be true, and Blake doesnt start this season or at least until the very end then I think next season wont be great either as it does usually take a QB a year of on field experince to learn the ropes & build that timing with his receivers including Allen.
I thought we didn't have enough WRs, and now Robinson won't see many catches because he's too far down the depth chart?

So, which is it?

Quote:I thought we didn't have enough WRs, and now Robinson won't see many catches because he's too far down the depth chart?

So, which is it?
???

I don't remember anyone lamenting a dearth of WRs this year.

In minicamps, etc., due to injury, we were depleted at the position, but as a general rule, most here believe we're actually loaded at the position-or at least well stocked-even without Blackmon.
Quote:You'd think he would play in 2WR sets given we run out of them a lot and he is probably a stronger blocker than Lee given his size but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Actually from what I saw of Lee, he really sells out as a blocker so ya never know.
Robinson's development this year will be fun to watch.  I hope he will be able to benefit from the speed of Lee and the experience of Shorts.  

Quote:???

I don't remember anyone lamenting a dearth of WRs this year.

In minicamps, etc., due to injury, we were depleted at the position, but as a general rule, most here believe we're actually loaded at the position-or at least well stocked-even without Blackmon.

The team is in a much better place now than it was a year or two ago at the position, even without Blackmon.  If / when he comes back, it really gives the overall talent a major boost over what we've been accustomed to. 
Quote:Robinson's development this year will be fun to watch.  I hope he will be able to benefit from the speed of Lee and the experience of Shorts.  
I'm not expecting a whole lot this year from the rookies.  Historically, they tend to hit a wall at some point during their first season.  Hopefully it's late in the year, or it doesn't happen at all.  But, it does happen for the majority of rookies entering the league. 
Starting to get that NFL itch....I need touchdowns.. Banana

Quote:I'm not expecting a whole lot this year from the rookies.  Historically, they tend to hit a wall at some point during their first season.  Hopefully it's late in the year, or it doesn't happen at all.  But, it does happen for the majority of rookies entering the league. 

Well said - though I do expect at least one promise of potential game from Lee and Robinson this season.  To the tune of over 100 yards and a touchdown or back to back 100 yard games or with a touchdown.  I normally see above average rookies do this then struggle to continue their success as the secondary pays more attention.

I'm not saying that defenses will look the other way when it comes to lining up against our rookies but the film sessions allow the veteran secondaries to study their opponents.  After a couple good games, a veteran will ensure that they won't get embaressed by a rookie and will play above and beyond.
Can wait to get a look at Robinson in TC.

Quote:The team is in a much better place now than it was a year or two ago at the position, even without Blackmon.  If / when he comes back, it really gives the overall talent a major boost over what we've been accustomed to. 
Were Blackmon to be reinstated, be a Jaguar, and perform up to his capabilities, we'd have so many matchup possibilities with the receivers it boggles the mind.  I could only think of the talent we had at WR back in 1996 (Rison, young Jimmy Smith, young Keenan, Willie Jackson) to possibly compare.

But I don't know of anyone who thinks at this stage we are talent depleted at the position, even without Blackmon.  At most, it's iffy because we're talking about two rookies in Lee and Robinson.
Quote:I'm not expecting a whole lot this year from the rookies.  Historically, they tend to hit a wall at some point during their first season.  Hopefully it's late in the year, or it doesn't happen at all.  But, it does happen for the majority of rookies entering the league. 

exactly.  As long as i see glimpses I'll be good with that.
Quote: 

per rotoworld: 

<div>Allen Robinson - WR - Jaguars

ESPN Jaguars reporter Michael DiRocco believes "anywhere from 30-40 catches" would be a "very good season" for rookie Allen Robinson.

</div>

Those are usually career numbers for WRs coming out of PSU.
Quote:Those are usually career numbers for WRs coming out of PSU.
Did Robinson spend any time under Paterno, or was his entire college career under O'Brien?
Pages: 1 2 3