Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Man in The High Castle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone watch this? My wife and I are probably going to start it once she finishes Grey's anatomy. The premise looks really cool. Any input?

Quote:Anyone watch this? My wife and I are probably going to start it once she finishes Grey's anatomy. The premise looks really cool. Any input?

I do. I am about 2 episodes into season 2 right now. 

It gets you hooked and then starts to have a lull, right when you think you might not really be that into it.....all the sudden youre sitting there watching 2 more episodes on the edge of your seat. 

The show itself so far is good overall, the concept is awesome, and I still don't really have any idea what everything means or how the plot will unfold. 

Certainly more than worth a watch. 
Cable or Network? 

Quote:Cable or Network? 

Amazon Prime show.
Quote:Amazon Prime show.
Darn. Ok. 
Quote:I do. I am about 2 episodes into season 2 right now. 

It gets you hooked and then starts to have a lull, right when you think you might not really be that into it.....all the sudden youre sitting there watching 2 more episodes on the edge of your seat. 

The show itself so far is good overall, the concept is awesome, and I still don't really have any idea what everything means or how the plot will unfold. 

Certainly more than worth a watch. 

Awesome, thanks. Yeah I've been seeing more and more ads for it and it looks really good.
I watched the first season. It was ok.

I think the premise sounds cooler than the show actually is so far.
Quote:I watched the first season. It was ok.

About five episodes in my husband was asking if we had to watch anymore of it. I think I'm going to just watch it on my own now that I know there is a season 2. I hate investing my time in a series only for it to get cancelled. Amazon cancelled Good Girls Revolt after one season and I thought it was a pretty good show. 
Quote:I watched the first season. It was ok.

I agree. Even after the whole first season, the problem is you still really have 0 idea of what is going to happen or why. I am gonna power through the rest over the next few days and I will update. 
Quote:I agree. Even after the whole first season, the problem is you still really have 0 idea of what is going to happen or why. I am gonna power through the rest over the next few days and I will update.

Yeah I had the same problem, plus I'm not sure I actually care about any of the characters yet.

Ditto on the power through though.
Still working on this. I have been a little busier than normal making it through the holidays and with work. I am about halfway through the second season now and finally I feel like I am starting to see some character development that makes me actually care what is going to happen to the individuals instead of just seeing the plot unfold. Stay tuned...

I liked it. Got a bit weird in season two.
Quote:Still working on this. I have been a little busier than normal making it through the holidays and with work. I am about halfway through the second season now and finally I feel like I am starting to see some character development that makes me actually care what is going to happen to the individuals instead of just seeing the plot unfold. Stay tuned...
It was renewed for another season according to IMDB. I guess I need to get back to watching it.
If I had to wait a week in between episodes I would be disappointed. Just too much lull in the middle episodes. But being able to binge made it worth it to quickly get to the end and better episodes.

So much unfulfilled potential though and what seems like an endless amount of plot and rich backstory ideas that just don't get touched on.
i have hit a wall with this show probably 3/4 of the way through season 2. nothing happened that made me want to stop watching but nothing happened that made me want to keep watching, so i have been spending time watching other things. im sure ill finish it soon, but so far not very exciting. 

Quote:i have hit a wall with this show probably 3/4 of the way through season 2. nothing happened that made me want to stop watching but nothing happened that made me want to keep watching, so i have been spending time watching other things. im sure ill finish it soon, but so far not very exciting.

I haven't picked up passed ep 1 yet.

You're not really helping haha.
Quote:I haven't picked up passed ep 1 yet.

You're not really helping haha.

if i see any promise at all after finishing the second season ill be sure to let you know.

if its a snoozefest i could always give you the cliff notes haha