Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hopkins Vs Ramsey round 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A good breakdown of Ramsey vs Hopkins during the Jags vs Texans games last year.  It's not my video just sharing it.  Good stuff in there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pKQsRAB...r_embedded

Great video, the comments nailed it too. ESPN is failing b cause they don't produce in depth analysis into match ups like this. They would rather have Steve smith yell at people or talk about something stupid.
They are matched up pretty well. Look forward to the dogfight.
Ramsey is gonna own. Dude was a rookie and gave Hopkins fits. And I mean that with no disrespect to Hopkins, I think he gets away with push-offs, but he's a stud nonetheless.

Fun matchup to watch.
It's a helluva match-up to be sure. 

Hopkins is nothing unless he can push off. Ramsey seems to be in his head now too, can't wait to see this showdown.
I thought it was funny seeing all of Hopkins' no call push offs in this video. Glad Ramsey is so physical.
I think this will be a rough day for Hopkins assuming they have a rookie starting at QB.

Quote:Hopkins is nothing unless he can push off. Ramsey seems to be in his head now too, can't wait to see this showdown.

It doesn't really matter if he pushes off or not, the refs love throwing defensive pass interference flags 
Quote:It doesn't really matter if he pushes off or not, the refs love throwing defensive pass interference flags 
Well - it matters to some degree. Houston was penalized 7 times for offensive interference in 2016. (second highest in the league) Hopkins drew 5 of those 7 flags. 

Certainly the refs call defensive PI more often than offensive PI, but Hopkins may be gaining a reputation for it with these officials by now. He could draw more flags in the coming season if he continues pushing off as often. 
LOOK AT THIS BEAUTY!

[Image: 1874328_web1_ramsey0401.jpg?itok=4BHqcccJ]
If only we had guys to match up as well against Watt, Clowney, Mercilus, et al.
(06-05-2017, 05:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]If only we had guys to match up as well against Watt, Clowney, Mercilus, et al.

It's my biggest concern with our current roster.  I feel good about our secondary versus Watson/Savage. Not so much with our O-Line vs that tinhorn pass rush. 
 (Of course the concerns surrounding Bortles' performance are of equal import to me as well. )
(06-05-2017, 06:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2017, 05:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]If only we had guys to match up as well against Watt, Clowney, Mercilus, et al.

It's my biggest concern with our current roster.  I feel good about our secondary versus Watson/Savage. Not so much with our O-Line vs that tinhorn pass rush. 
 (Of course the concerns surrounding Bortles' performance are of equal import to me as well. )

I feel confident Ramsey can do well against anyone, especially Hopkins. I couldn't see Hopkins have one of those eruptions against a healthy Ramsey like he had against House. I haven't seen enough of Bouye to have that kind of confidence, though what I have seen and heard of him is encouraging, and I have to believe all of his career being with the Texans, he is familiar with their receivers their routes, etc.

I think if Linder moves back to RG, that will help us match up better against Watt. I seem to recall him actually doing a decent job against him when he was at RG.

I am hopeful that irrespective of whether Albert or Robinson are starting at LT, either one would do well against Clowney or Mercilus-at least better than Joeckel and Beachum. I'm tired of them having free reign in our backfield and constantly harassing Bortles.
Jalen is probably my favorite player now....love the attitude!
(05-17-2017, 04:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I think this will be a rough day for Hopkins assuming they have a rookie starting at QB.

It looks like the rookie already failed to secure the starting gig...

This is where i disagree with you Bullseye and the reason why the Texans was so successful pass rushing wise against this team because we had no running game and it was easier for them to tee off on Blake. If Fournette is as good as i think he's going to be on the NFL level they're going to have to honor it and the line overall would be able to hold their own because of it.
(06-07-2017, 07:24 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]

This is where i disagree with you Bullseye and the reason why the Texans was so successful pass rushing wise against this team because we had no running game and it was easier for them to tee off on Blake. If Fournette is as good as i think he's going to be on the NFL level they're going to have to honor it and the line overall would be able to hold their own because of it.

I certainly do not disagree with you that a running game helps pass protection.

Bruce Smith did not get his first sack against Boselli until the Jaguars were down to their 5th RB.

But I think part of the reason we had no running game is because we didn't have guys capable of consistently blocking those Texans guys I listed in the running game.  I think Joeckel would have been overmatched against those guys in the run or pass game.

I think the additions of Albert and Robinson will help us match up better against those guys in both the run and pass game.

But until they line up and prove it, it will be worrisome to me.