Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A little old school usenet action...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dunno why, but I found myself exploring the old alt.sports.football.pro.jville-jaguars on google groups this evening.  Aside from it being such a blast from the past, it was very interesting to see so many folks are still around and expressing the same sentiments.  I'm sure some old timers remember the old usenet flamewars.  Even this guy!   Smile

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/...GdAaymYTsk

[Edited to fix the link.]

2001 I got my drivers license that year!
The funny thing is going through some of those old threads, some of the same conversations were taking place 15 years ago as it taking place today, albeit with a bit less spam.  Smile

I joined in 2005 every once in a while I run into a link on what my 20 year old self was thinking. oh boy, if I could only go back and send the 20 year old me some information! 

I didn't even know what google was in 2001...msn 4 lyfe 

Quote:I didn't even know what google was in 2001...msn 4 lyfe 

The archives actually go back even further.  I was looking as far back as '96 when I went by a different name.  I wonder how many people even remember usenet much less used it.  Smile