Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Potential troubles with the pools?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I'm a little curious. Won't the levels below the pools act as a "splash zone" of sorts? Also, one side of the pool is completely open on the otherside of the glass. Is this problematic?
Quote:So, I'm a little curious. Won't the levels below the pools act as a "splash zone" of sorts? Also, one side of the pool is completely open on the otherside of the glass. Is this problematic?

I was wondering about this.  I'd assume there was some sort of splash guard....I would think someone though of this.

Looks like they added something to the Bud Zone as well.  We used to sit in the Bud Zone and occasionally we'd get hit with stuff from people standing there.
Quote:So, I'm a little curious. Won't the levels below the pools act as a "splash zone" of sorts? Also, one side of the pool is completely open on the otherside of the glass. Is this problematic?

That won't be a splash they feel, it will be me arcing over the side.
Seems like they'd figure this out

If the graphics are accurate, there's a large deck on the glass side of the pool that will more than likely control any splashing.  Not sure why the glass wall is problematic.  I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. 
Quote:If the graphics are accurate, there's a large deck on the glass side of the pool that will more than likely control any splashing.  Not sure why the glass wall is problematic.  I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing.

I'm not sure if it'll be breakable glass or unbreakable lexan...

Enquiring Minds...

NH3...
The only problem I see would be combining inebriated fans with a pool. Drunk fans who aren't able to use self control are already problematic just sitting in the stands.
The only problem that they'll have is keep non cabana ticket holders like me out of the pool(s)...

PLURAL...

NH3...
Quote:The only problem I see would be combining inebriated fans with a pool. Drunk fans who aren't able to use self control are already problematic just sitting in the stands.

Hopefully the level of affordableness will curtail this...

Nawwwwwwwww...

Pin Heads are Pin Heads regardless of the Monetary Value...

NH3...
Quote:I'm not sure if it'll be breakable glass or unbreakable lexan...

Enquiring Minds...

NH3...

It's an acrylic wall.
Quote:The only problem I see would be combining inebriated fans with a pool. Drunk fans who aren't able to use self control are already problematic just sitting in the stands.

Most of these were bought up by corporations...I'd imagine there would be some sort of professional aspect to them, and if not I'm sure the Jags are providing some good security in that pool area.
Quote:Most of these were bought up by corporations...I'd imagine there would be some sort of professional aspect to them, and if not I'm sure the Jags are providing some good security in that pool area.
Exactly.  It's not going to be a free-for-all in the pools. 
Quote:Most of these were bought up by corporations...I'd imagine there would be some sort of professional aspect to them, and if not I'm sure the Jags are providing some good security in that pool area.

The corporate folks I know party harder than anyone else, just usually in a setting that provides anonymity.
Quote:The corporate folks I know party harder than anyone else, just usually in a setting that provides anonymity.

Yes, and this causes no anonymity...and you know they will probably show those pools on the video boards often as well.  If there is an attractive female in the pool, it will only happen that much more.

Nobody (ok, almost nobody) wants to embarass themselves infront of 60k. 

I can see someone up there testing to see if they can make enough of a splash to get the water to go over the edge.  The people below may get some drops of water on them.  I wouldnt mind in the August/September games.
Quote:The only problem that they'll have is keep non cabana ticket holders like me out of the pool(s)...

PLURAL...

NH3...

I have no doubt the new cabana area will have good security
Quote:I have no doubt the new cabana area will have good security

And no diving into the pools since they're 3 1/2 feet deep. 
Quote:And no diving into the pools since they're 3 1/2 feet deep. 
3 1/2 ft? T his guy could come off the top of the scoreboard with 3 1/2 ft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlT4e_T_UBw
Quote:Yes, and this causes no anonymity...and you know they will probably show those pools on the video boards often as well.  If there is an attractive female in the pool, it will only happen that much more.

Nobody (ok, almost nobody) wants to embarass themselves infront of 60k. 

I can see someone up there testing to see if they can make enough of a splash to get the water to go over the edge.  The people below may get some drops of water on them.  I wouldnt mind in the August/September games.

Agreed. I would like to say that the cost of the ticket will keep folks on the straight and narrow in the pools but something tells me that won't be the case for everyone haha.
Quote:Agreed. I would like to say that the cost of the ticket will keep folks on the straight and narrow in the pools but something tells me that won't be the case for everyone haha.

Considering that in most cases the cost of that ticket will be absorbed by a company, the incentive to play nicely will come down to how heavy handed the companies are that are paying the freight.  Imagine if the local gentleman's clubs started sending their employees down there to enjoy the pools? 
Quote:Considering that in most cases the cost of that ticket will be absorbed by a company, the incentive to play nicely will come down to how heavy handed the companies are that are paying the freight.  Imagine if the local gentleman's clubs started sending their employees down there to enjoy the pools? 

Good point...

Banana  Banana  Banana
Pages: 1 2