Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Catty Shack Wildlife Ranch, Anyone Been?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts? Fun to do for a little bit?

I've been twice and it was enjoyable. Certainly unique. It's somewhat weather related, as once it gets too hot the big cats aren't especially energetic.

Once I was there when they were introducing a number of tiger cubs. That was very cool.

It's worth a visit and worth your support.

You talking about the Catty Shack off of Starratt? Yeah, I live about a mile from there, been a few times. It's pretty cool but it's primarily a shelter. Friday nights you used to be able to go and see the kitties get fed. They have some bengals there and some lions. No jaguars though. ;-) Definitely worth going at least once and worth supporting. They do good work there.
When we go it will be the evening time when they do the feedings, for sure.

Took my kids a couple of years ago.  It was fun and we all enjoyed it, but there's not a lot there.  Think it was 10 bucks for admission.  Can't compare to the zoo for value received in my opinion.

Im doing volunteer work there on Sunday. Some painting and construction on the enclosures.
I always thought it was a house of ill repute.

Its definitely not an all day outing. You'll be done before you know it. Go to the zoo instead.
I was out there today and thought it was pretty cool. Obviously it isnt as big as a zoo but it's nice to have something local that is doing good work for these animals that would otherwise likely have been put to sleep due to the inability to be placed somewhere suitable. As volunteers we got a group tour which was nice because they are closed on Sundays so, no crowds. I would definitely recommend it when it isn't 100 degrees but the tigers were still pretty active today.
Quote:Its definitely not an all day outing. You'll be done before you know it. Go to the zoo instead.
We've been zoo members for about 4 years now (and love it), want to hit catty shack up for a change, even if brief. I think the feedings will be pretty cool.