Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tyler Shatley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I watched and rewatched our last game, I couldn't help but to notice and admire the interior line play. BB5 had plenty of time to make decisions during the passing game. Sharkey, our sixth LG played very well as he took it to the Tacs. He, Sharkey was expected to be our LG but injuries begged the differ until this game. I'm inclined to believe that we would've compiled several more Ws w/this type of OL play...

NH3...
It was a solid pocket for most of the day, especially against a touted front 4. They should be able to maul the twinkies too.  Shatley was singled out for a couple of strong blocks.  Another what if to ponder on this offseason.

Should be back next year to compete for a starting job. So far my concern is Jeremy Parnell on the right side at tackle. He seems to get flagged more than anybody and it's always at the worst of times too. He gets beat more often than not as well. 

Quote:Should be back next year to compete for a starting job. So far my concern is Jeremy Parnell on the right side at tackle. He seems to get flagged more than anybody and it's always at the worst of times too. He gets beat more often than not as well.

I feel that the LG position is his to loose and the RT position must be addressed within the first two rounds of the 2017 NFL draft...
Shatley did play well yesterday
Shatley and Abry Jones are two guys who have been talked about as potential good starters for a good while. Both of them have flashed a ton this year.
Quote:As I watched and rewatched our last game, I couldn't help but to notice and admire the interior line play. BB5 had plenty of time to make decisions during the passing game. Sharkey, our sixth LG played very well as he took it to the Tacs. He, Sharkey was expected to be our LG but injuries begged the differ until this game. I'm inclined to believe that we would've compiled several more Ws w/this type of OL play...

NH3...

I hate to say it, but Tennessee came out very flat.   They didn't seem to be playing hard at all.  
Quote:Should be back next year to compete for a starting job. So far my concern is Jeremy Parnell on the right side at tackle. He seems to get flagged more than anybody and it's always at the worst of times too. He gets beat more often than not as well. 
Shatley did a decent job against the tacks, so he should at least be offered the opportunity to compete for a position next season; however, I think we need to look hard at upgrading that whole line. Everyone there should have to earn it against competition next season. Parnell included.
Quote:I hate to say it, but Tennessee came out very flat.   They didn't seem to be playing hard at all.  
It appears that they thought the Jags would just 'lay down', so this indeed proved to be a trap game for them.
Shatley definitely contributed to opening a few holes for Ivory in the first half and I saw him make a block or two on the second level downfield as well. 

He seemed solid in pass protection. 

He should be easy to keep around as a RFA and hopefully they re-sign Omameh as well as they both seem to be solid depth at the very least. 

Anybody else notice that they used Bowanko as a TE for added blocking in the 4th quarter when they were trying to run the ball to chew clock?

Smart move when you are down to only two healthy TEs active.  

Quote:I hate to say it, but Tennessee came out very flat.   They didn't seem to be playing hard at all.  

Re-watching the first half - it seemed LeBeau wasn't really dialing up much pressure and was just counting on Bortles to make his usual mistakes.  

He didn't.

The tacks adjusted that some in the second half. 
They just came off two huge wins against the Broncos and Chiefs. Coming to play the lowly team that they already annihilated earlier this year was an easy trap. 
Quote:They just came off two huge wins against the Broncos and Chiefs. Coming to play the lowly team that they already annihilated earlier this year was an easy trap. 
With a playoff berth at stake?  Then they definitely didn't belong in the postseason...glad they didn't waste everyone's time.

Well I hate to respond that the Overall play of the Jaguars (on both sides of the ball) was an direct reflection of the Flatness of the Tacs...

NH3...
Quote:With a playoff berth at stake?  Then they definitely didn't belong in the postseason...glad they didn't waste everyone's time.

Agreed!

They had the opportunity to win our division by winning out. A Trap Game it was not. If you're in such a position and you faulter as they did, then you wasn't prepared mentally while you were handled physically...

NH3...
I suspect they gave Shatley all the help he could get in terms of double teaming with him, etc,

Shatley was the strongest player coming out of that draft in terms of pure strength. Can't remember how many reps he did at the combine but it was up there.
Quote:I suspect they gave Shatley all the help he could get in terms of double teaming with him, etc,

I keyed on him when I re-watched the first half and I really didn't see any of that.   He looked good.