Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Casey Kasem Dies at 82
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Casey Kasem Dies at 82

Casey Kasem, the golden voice of Top 40 radio for decades, has died. He was 82.

Kasem's daughter Kerri broke the news on Sunday morning tweeting, "Early this Father's Day morning, our dad Casey Kasem passed away surrounded by family and friends. Even though we know he is in a better place and no longer suffering, we are heartbroken. Thank you for all your love, support and prayers. The world will miss Casey Kasem, an incredible talent and humanitarian; we will miss our Dad. With love, Kerri, Mike and Julie."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Casey-Kasem-...83044.aspx

I was listening to him for over half my life. Unforgettable voice and radio personality.

RIP to a legend..
I grew up listening to American Top 40 every Saturday......

RIP Casey

I was afraid the end was near, given the news a few weeks ago...

RIP Casey...you will be missed. 
Listening to the top 40 countdown has not been the same since he stopped doing it.

RIP Mr. Kasem.
Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars. That was a weekly thing for anyone who listened to radio in the 70s and 80s.

RIP
I just recently found out The Moody Blues were the only artist to appear on the first countdown in 1970 and on the last in 1988.  Michael Jackson was another but the first was when he was a part of The Jackson Five.

A very distinct voice I still remember to this day.  I listened to him just about every week he was on the air.

RIP

The last several weeks with he and his family have been strange to say the least. Always fun hearing him do the top 40 countdowns.

Quote:I grew up listening to American Top 40 every Saturday......

RIP Casey

We always had him on Sundays to and from church...and usually picked it up when we got home.

Quote:The last several weeks with he and his family have been strange to say the least. Always fun hearing him do the top 40 countdowns.

Very strange!!