Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texans writer skeptical to how O' Brien is handling QB's so far
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ESPN article, via Jeffri Chadiha

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/110754...erback-now

He summizes that they should just go ahead and name Fitzpatrick the starter at this point. 

you would think a guru like bill O'Brien, a coach that we missed the boat on and will regret the texans having, would handle the situation better.

Quote:you would think a guru like bill O'Brien, a coach that we missed the boat on and will regret the texans having, would handle the situation better.

Well, Its just the writer's opinion....but we shall see. 
I miss Tania.
I don't have a problem with the way OB is handling the quarterback situation in Houston. We have Fitzpatrick, who sucks, but has extensive league experience. We have Yates, who sucks, but led the Texans to their first ever post season win. We have Keenum, who is 0/8 from last season (sucked?), but showed a lot of moxie and leadership. And then we have Savage, who had a less than impressive college career (sucked?). At this point no one QB on or roster is hands down better than another. Might as well share time evenly in a true QB competition and let the cream rise to the top, or the crap settle to the bottom. Pre season will definitely be interesting in Houston this year.
When you have four quarterbacks, you don't have any quarterbacks.
I am a little excited to see Savage play in some preseason games. I hope he sucks but I was intrigued by him
Quote:I am a little excited to see Savage play in some preseason games. I hope he sucks but I was intrigued by him

This is how I feel.  I am definitely intrigued.  I wonder if he will be a gem or another mid-late rounder that got too much credit in the pre draft process 
That is one of the dumbest articles I have ever read..  It didn't make a lick of sense.

Fitzpatrick wasn't signed to be a lock at starter..  He was signed for vet experience who could start if need be.  She freely admits that he's at most "just a bridge" and then tries to complain when O'Brien is trying to coach up other QBs?  How does she ever expect them to cross that bridge?  Dumb, dumb, article.

Quote:When you have four quarterbacks, you don't have any quarterbacks.

I've heard TJ "Yikes!" is the likely man out.

A lot like us, I'd think their plan is Fitz with hope for Savage in the near future.
I'd take Fitzpatrick over Henne, so there's that.

Quote:I'd take Fitzpatrick over Henne, so there's that.

IMO they are basically the same guy.  Some ability, but never going to be "The Guy."  I like them both, and both teams could certainly be in a worse position with regards to QB when they are rebuilding. 

And before someone tries to say that Houston is not in rebuilding mode too, they are. They remind me of the Jags of the early 2000s.  They will try to piece something together, but if they are smart they will start anew and build with an eye towards the future as opposed to weak attempts at the playoffs.
Quote:I've heard TJ "Yikes!" is the likely man out.

Wasn't he the one CarrBombed was touting as the next big thing??
Quote:Wasn't he the one CarrBombed was touting as the next big thing??

umm nope, just said he was better than Gabbert (top ten pick) who was selected in the same draft...  and I still stand by that.  T.J. Yates is better than Gabbert.  Keenum who went undrafted is also better than Blaine Gabbert.  Hell any QB who has the balls to look beyond 5 yards up field and not go into a turtle shell is better than Blaine Gabbert.

Congrats for having Quarterbacks better than Gabbert I guess.

Quote:Congrats for having Quarterbacks better than Gabbert I guess.

I guess according to TH, thats serious business!! hahaha

Quote:I guess according to TH, thats serious business!! hahaha

He says it like it means something.  :whistling:

We all want something to hang our hat on I suppose.
Quote:umm nope, just said he was better than Gabbert (top ten pick) who was selected in the same draft...  and I still stand by that.  T.J. Yates is better than Gabbert.  Keenum who went undrafted is also better than Blaine Gabbert.  Hell any QB who has the balls to look beyond 5 yards up field and not go into a turtle shell is better than Blaine Gabbert.

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about CarrBombed, and if you are too, you'd be wrong... again. Besides, no one cares about Gabbert. You're talking about him like he's important to us.

I couldn't find his posts here since it appeared to cut off too soon, but I found a couple on the texanstalk forum that reflect what he said here.

He called Yates a "solid" QB, or "a starting QB" in the NFL. Initially, he said that Yates was one of his favorite picks from that draft year. His opinion of Yates roller-coaster'd, and he eventually changed his stance on him (and wisely so). Before then, he was over here telling us how much potential he had and how he was destined to succeed. 
Quote:I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about CarrBombed, and if you are too, you'd be wrong... again. Besides, no one cares about Gabbert. You're talking about him like he's important to us.

I couldn't find his posts here since it appeared to cut off too soon, but I found a couple on the texanstalk forum that reflect what he said here.

He called Yates a "solid" QB, or "a starting QB" in the NFL. Initially, he said that Yates was one of his favorite picks from that draft year. His opinion of Yates roller-coaster'd, and he eventually changed his stance on him (and wisely so). Before then, he was over here telling us how much potential he had and how he was destined to succeed.

He is CarrBombed.
Pages: 1 2 3