Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Brandon Linder signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sweet!  I hope he plays up to the hype.

Just Bortles, Lee, and Robinson left, correct?

Quote:Just Bortles, Lee, and Robinson left, correct?

Yep
Funny how they are signing from last pick to first pick.

Quote:Sweet!  I hope he plays up to the hype.

The hype?   I had no idea there is hype for Brandon Linder. 
Quote:The hype?   I had no idea there is hype for Brandon Linder. 
I didnt either, I thought he was more of a under the radar pick
Regardless of the star power Linder brings, he was still a 3rd round pick by this regime. Important signing.
Quote:The hype? I had no idea there is hype for Brandon Linder.
He's expected to start at RG, and he's supposed to be a mauler. Other than that, been quiet on "hype". I did like the pick.

Love this new CBA, where hold outs are extinct
Quote:He's expected to start at RG, and he's supposed to be a mauler. Other than that, been quiet on "hype". I did like the pick.

Love this new CBA, where hold outs are extinct

I wouldn't describe Linder as a mauler....but he's a smart player who usually plays technically sound. Pretty much equally adequate in run blocking or pass pro. I liked the pick.

Quote:I wouldn't describe Linder as a mauler....but he's a smart player who usually plays technically sound. Pretty much equally adequate in run blocking or pass pro. I liked the pick.

He seemed to do a decent job against Aaron Donald. I wonder how he fares against size/power. Louis Nix needs to be blocked.
Quote:He seemed to do a decent job against Aaron Donald. I wonder how he fares against size/power. Louis Nix needs to be blocked.

Yeah, I really hate the fact that the Texans got him... (nix) 

However...

He really fell in that draft. So maybe theres something about him that we don't know....

Even to the point of the team that traded with the Texans that allowed the Texans to select Nix; Philadelphia...

The Eagles absolutely could have used Nix there at that pick. They also play a 3-4 and had the need at the Nose...why would the Eagles pass up a player of need there, that at that point was already seen as a "steal" regardless of need?...

I guess we'll see how it plays out.  

Quote:Yeah, I really hate the fact that the Texans got him... (nix)

However...

He really fell in that draft. So maybe theres something about him that we don't know....

Even to the point of the team that traded with the Texans that allowed the Texans to select Nix; Philadelphia...

The Eagles absolutely could have used Nix there at that pick. They also play a 3-4 and had the need at the Nose...why would the Eagles pass up a player of need there, that at that point was already seen as a "steal" regardless of need?...

I guess we'll see how it plays out.
Perhaps the Texans concealed their true target.

Perhaps Philly felt OK at NT.

Perhaps there is something amiss with Nix. Actually since he is with Houston, I hope he sucks.

But suck or not, Linder needs to be able to move big powerful NTs and DTs off the LOS and maintain a good pocket.
He got abused at the senior bowl.  A reach pick after there was a run on OGs.  He needs development.

Quote:He got abused at the senior bowl. A reach pick after there was a run on OGs. He needs development.

You have to believe that the coaches know what they're doing and know how to further along Linder's development. They prolly saw both the tangibles and intangibles Linder has and were positive that they can build on both, given he was a 3rd round pick.
Quote:He got abused at the senior bowl.  A reach pick after there was a run on OGs.  He needs development.

We'll see. I've said this in the past that Linder reminds me of the type of OL that you'd typically might find on the Patriots.....they always seem to field a bunch of "lunchpail" type OL and yet they wind up usually a pretty cohesive OL unit. Thats not only how I'm seeing Linder, but most of the guys we're adding to the OL. 

Dave went after the tall Oline guys.  Linder 6'6"  Bowanko 6'6"  Joeckel 6'6"  Pasztor 6'7"  Beadles 6'4"

We might have the tallest group of oline guys in the league for average height.  Good think we got a 6'5" qb

Quote:Dave went after the tall Oline guys.  Linder 6'6"  Bowanko 6'6"  Joeckel 6'6"  Pasztor 6'7"  Beadles 6'4"

We might have the tallest group of oline guys in the league for average height.  Good think we got a 6'5" qb

The tall Tackles is something you'd expect...

The tall interior linemen is interesting, tho.....especially now, considering the leverage a guy like Nix is going to have. 
Quote:The tall Tackles is something you'd expect...

The tall interior linemen is interesting, tho.....especially now, considering the leverage a guy like Nix is going to have. 
Yeah, hopefully they can stay low
Quote:The tall Tackles is something you'd expect...

Reminds me a little of the TC era. I remember Widell and Ben Coleman were taller interior OLs. But when you walk about leverage, I cringe thinking of Widell's run blocking.
Pages: 1 2 3