Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who do you take: Joeckel or Matthews?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My friend is a Falcon fan and we were having a lengthy and interesting discussion on which A&M tackle you'd take in the long run. Both are almost identical in terms of their age, and played very similarly when they were Aggies. If you had to pick one to protect Bortles for the next decade, which one are you going with? 

I had Joeckel graded a touch higher. He has slightly better feet and is a little nastier in the run game. 

I don't know much about Matthews since we had drafted Joeckel last year.  I paid very little attention to LTs in this years draft buildup since I never believed we would take one.  That being said, didn't Joeckel start at LT over Matthews at A & M?  Both will probably be good players, like most LTs taken in the top 10

Quote:I had Joeckel graded a touch higher. He has slightly better feet and is a little nastier in the run game. 

Thank God we got the expert's opinion.
As a QB, Manziel had it made. Dude was essentially taking naps in the pocket when they played Florida. 

[Image: ncf_joeckel_matthews_d1_576.jpg]

AT OLT, I like Joeckel better. At ORT, I'd have liked Matthews better. 

Quote:As a QB, Manziel had it made. Dude was essentially taking naps in the pocket when they played Florida. 

I wouldn't say that.  Manziel was sacked 3 times and his offense was shut down in the second half.  There are a lot of better examples than that Florida game if looking to boast of TAMU's offensive line - not that they were terrible or anything.
Where's Jungle Cat when you need him?
Quote:Where's Jungle Cat when you need him?

...trolling? just a guess
Quote:As a QB, Manziel had it made. Dude was essentially taking naps in the pocket when they played Florida. 

and still lost
Quote:Where's Jungle Cat when you need him?
Hopefully gleefully crossing the event horizon somewhere. Smile

Quote:...trolling? just a guess
LOL, +1 :thumbsup:  My first thought too.

On topic though, have we seen enough from either to say for sure? I would think not.

Quote:AT OLT, I like Joeckel better. At ORT, I'd have liked Matthews better. 

This.

So, the answer to Joeckel or Matthews is...

yes
Why, do we have a choice?

Quote:This.

So, the answer to Joeckel or Matthews is...

yes
Agreed.

Love these dead zone conversations. 
Quote:Why, do we have a choice?

You didn't hear?
Speaking of dead one posting where is Swaguars?
Quote:Speaking of dead one posting where is Swaguars?
Curled up in the fetal position in his teddy underoos. He is jamming a needle into an Andre Branch voodoo doll, and chanting. That is when he's not drooling or panting.
In all serious, who do ya'll think is better out of the two of them?

Quote:Speaking of dead one posting where is Swaguars?

He's taking a break.
Quote:He's taking a break.
well he was kinda asking for it.
Pages: 1 2