Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: League insiders expect 6-8 game suspension for Irsay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:That’s the word from Adam Schefter of ESPN, who reported that people around the league believe Goodell will give Irsay a suspension of six to eight games and a fine of about $1 million.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-league-insiders-expect-6-8-game-suspension-irsay'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-league-insiders-expect-6-8-game-suspension-irsay</a>

Would this be fair or is Goodell going easy on him? Should they take away the teams revenue for the 6-8 weeks? Should they also impose a cap penalty? What say you?
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-league-insiders-expect-6-8-game-suspension-irsay'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-league-insiders-expect-6-8-game-suspension-irsay</a>

Would this be fair or is Goodell going easy on him? Should they take away the teams revenue for the 6-8 weeks? Should they also impose a cap penalty? What say you?

They should start voiding contracts with Andrew Luck's.
I don't see how keeping the owner away from games for 6-8 weeks is really all that big of a punishment, although I'm not sure what else could be instituted other than as you suggest - a hefty cap penalty....

Quote:I don't see how keeping the owner away from games for 6-8 weeks is really all that big of a punishment, although I'm not sure what else could be instituted other than as you suggest - a hefty cap penalty....
Because you don't punish an entire organization when a member makes a personal mistake. The Jaguars didn't get a cap penalty for Blackmon's mistakes either.
Quote:Because you don't punish an entire organization when a member makes a personal mistake. The Jaguars didn't get a cap penalty for Blackmon's mistakes either.

One is a player, one is an owner. Owner of the entire franchise. With great power comes great responsibility....isn't that the famous quote?....
Quote:One is a player, one is an owner. Owner of the entire franchise. With great power comes great responsibility....isn't that the famous quote?....
And he made a mistake in his own personal life, not while he was at a league or clots function. Punish the person for a personal mistake.

Quote:Because you don't punish an entire organization when a member makes a personal mistake. The Jaguars didn't get a cap penalty for Blackmon's mistakes either.

Technically the Jags are being punished for his mistake.  No cap penalty, but they don't get their Top 5 pick for however many games.  With absolutely no compensation.

I'm sure players will be watching closely for what penalties Irsay gets.  Especially ones that have been suspended for similar offenses.
Should ban him from twitter for a season. Save us all.
I don't think a fine of 1 million is going to hurt his pocket book too much.
Take away a first round pick.
what did you think would happen? he is also getting away with a slap on the wrist from Indiana as the felonies have disappeared

Quote:Should ban him from twitter for a season. Save us all.

Are you kidding? Irsay tweets comedy GOLD.. I love a good Irsay tweet.. Then again, I find stupidity to be funny.. 
Quote:One is a player, one is an owner. Owner of the entire franchise. With great power comes great responsibility....isn't that the famous quote?....
Stan Lee would be proud.
Quote:Should ban him from twitter for a season. Save us all.

Exactly who is forcing you to read his twitter?
Quote:Stan Lee would be proud.

Or you know... Voltaire.
Quote:Or you know... Voltaire.

Would you put money down on him passing a lie detector test claiming he picked it up anywhere other than Spiderman?

I wouldn't.
Quote:Would you put money down on him passing a lie detector test claiming he picked it up anywhere other than Spiderman?

I wouldn't.

I'm sure he did.  But Voltaire still said it first.  
Quote:I'm sure he did.  But Voltaire still said it first.  

Which is quite nonsequitur to my original humorous post, but thanks for bringing it up anyway.
They should make them trade their first round pick for Trent Richardson.

Quote:And he made a mistake in his own personal life, not while he was at a league or clots function. Punish the person for a personal mistake.
Let's be honest here.  While it was a mistake, it's a felonious one.  He's facing some pretty serious charges.  I see a 6-8 game suspension for an owner as nothing more than a slap on the hand. 

Just because it wasn't a team function he was at, he represents the brand just like the players do any time he walks out of his home. 

That being said, I'm not sure how you hammer an owner if you're Goodell.  The Jag fan in me says it should cost the team draft picks and a cash fine on top of any suspension.
Pages: 1 2