Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rashaad Reynolds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So we picked him up as a FA and does anyone know why he wasn't drafted?

NFL graded him as a 3rd round prospect and apparently he was a top performer in numerous combine drills.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/r...id=2543843

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2934PfS7FrM

Quote:So we picked him up as a FA and does anyone know why he wasn't drafted?

NFL graded him as a 3rd round prospect and apparently he was a top performer in numerous combine drills.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/r...id=2543843

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2934PfS7FrM

I think his size scared some folks off. He has everything else you need, but he is listed as being thin and short. While that may not affect play, it typically hurts your draft stock.
I think we have a pretty good crop of UDFA's between Reynolds, Loston, Coleman and Jensen. All were projected to be drafted almost everywhere and guys like Reynolds and Loston were even day 2 picks in some mocks. I'm sure they all make the team.

Quote:I think we have a pretty good crop of UDFA's between Reynolds, Loston, Coleman and Jensen. All were projected to be drafted almost everywhere and guys like Reynolds and Loston were even day 2 picks in some mocks. I'm sure they all make the team.
12-14 rookies making this team is not out of the question, and that would include some of the UDFAs you mentioned.

That highlight clip sure looked good.

Quote:12-14 rookies making this team is not out of the question, and that would include some of the UDFAs you mentioned.

Oh yeah. I'm sure they all make it in some capacity, weather it's the active roster, or the practice squad. It's so refreshing to actually have some true "competition" at multiple positions rather than "competition" from our old garbage and turnstile scrubs.
Quote:Oh yeah. I'm sure they all make it in some capacity, weather it's the active roster, or the practice squad. It's so refreshing to actually have some true "competition" at multiple positions rather than "competition" from our old garbage and turnstile scrubs.

It's interesting. 

Draftniks from every team follow the draft closely, and then as the draft winds down and guys are still out there, we hope the team signs some of the guys we want.

For years under Gene Smith, you'd look at the list of UDFAs and wonder who these guys are.

This year, there are a lot of recognizable names on the list.

It doesn't necessarily mean they will be better players because they are recognizable names, but it lends confidence to some degree.
Quote:It's interesting. 

Draftniks from every team follow the draft closely, and then as the draft winds down and guys are still out there, we hope the team signs some of the guys we want.

For years under Gene Smith, you'd look at the list of UDFAs and wonder who these guys are.

This year, there are a lot of recognizable names on the list.

It doesn't necessarily mean they will be better players because they are recognizable names, but it lends confidence to some degree.

to me it might also speak to how deep the draft was this year.

I'd guess we aren't the only team with a few recognizable names as UDFA's. 

Quote:to me it might also speak to how deep the draft was this year.

I'd guess we aren't the only team with a few recognizable names as UDFA's. 
This too.

It makes sense that a draft that has been long touted as one of the deepest drafts ever would have it reflect in the UDFA pool.

I still wish Christian Jones had stayed with us instead of going to Chicago.
Quote:12-14 rookies making this team is not out of the question, and that would include some of the UDFAs you mentioned.

I can't see that many rookies making it unless they make the practice squad.
Quote:I still wish Christian Jones had stayed with us instead of going to Chicago.

Yeah, that one stung.
He doesn't fit the mold of a Gus Bradley DB but he could be useful in some situations. 

Quote:He doesn't fit the mold of a Gus Bradley DB but he could be useful in some situations. 
It seems like Reynolds and Harris could compete for the same spot.
Quote:This too.

It makes sense that a draft that has been long touted as one of the deepest drafts ever would have it reflect in the UDFA pool.

I still wish Christian Jones had stayed with us instead of going to Chicago.

Yeah, I pretty much hate Christian Jones after that. 
Quote:It seems like Reynolds and Harris could compete for the same spot.

Reynolds fits as a nickel back. He's virtually the same size as Walter Thurmond.
He could bring some value to Special Teams or nickel situations. He has good awareness and gets his head around in coverage. Also good instincts in space in run support and in coverage. Should be an interesting competition in pre-season I can't wait.

Their were so many juniors in this year's draft, that a number of players went undrafted that in other drafts could have been 6th or 7th round picks.

Quote:There were so many juniors in this year's draft, that a number of players went undrafted
that in other drafts could have been 6th or 7th round picks.

I almost wonder if the NFLPA doesn't really want this. It essentially has the effect of a larger portion of their work force making less money and having a slightly weaker bargaining position.

While I like the idea of a deep draft, one has to wonder if it is really in the best interest of everyone involved if they continue like this.