Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: True "Started From the Bottom"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/give-hom...s-23921520

What a boss! This kid graduated as the valedictorian of his high school class. That is pretty damn impressive in itself, let alone the fact that the kid is homeless! It's good to finally see Jacksonville in the national news for something positive.

Hey!! I thought the sideline was only for Bigfoot, Beer and Off Topic threads that contain crappy, unfunny pics and memes?

Nice to see something inspirational for a change.. Good for him..
Excellent, excellent story. Thanks for sharing!

His valedictorian speech was on point yesterday. He got a standing ovation afterwards.

Buc Pride!
I love these stores.

Too many people give up and settle for hiding behind their excuses for their own lack of achievement.  Go get it!

Quote:I love these stores.

Too many people give up and settle for hiding behind their excuses for their own lack of achievement.  Go get it!

I do too. I hate excuses, my favorite stories akin to this are when a parent overcomes adversity their whole life to set their children up for success. Sometimes, a person is born into such disadvantageous circumstances that it takes generations to overcome. Now that is fortitude and vision.
I love how he never made excuses for himself either. His teachers didn't even know the kid was homeless until this news report came out. He just went about his business and never wanted sympathy from anyone.

Love it.  I can relate.