Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Saw better coaching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So correct me if I m wrong but I actually heard Jags had a game plan yesterday game. On defense don't let the middle open up for them in the passing game and force then to pass to the sides. And of course stop the run and Delanie walker. And offense they went vertical finally. That's been missing. With Gus Bradley you didn't hear much of a game plan on how to stop what the team is good at. You'd just hope talent beats their game plan.

Also the game management I'm the last 2 minutes of the 1st half was good coaching. Gus Bradley might of played conservative there.
yesterday is just comedy for 2 reasons

1. it proves khan is stupid as hell in terms of sports, this went on way to long, this team is STACKED

2. gus bradley is just that bad

One thing I remember from the game was Ivory running out his blockers on a screen in the first quarter. They ran another screen later on in the game and Ivory did get behind his blockers and almost scored a TD.

I don't know if the coaches talked to him about that on the sideline but it does show an adjustment and coaching that isn't inept.

Quote:One thing I remember from the game was Ivory running out his blockers on a screen in the first quarter. They ran another screen later on in the game and Ivory did get behind his blockers and almost scored a TD.

I don't know if the coaches talked to him about that on the sideline but it does show an adjustment and coaching that isn't inept.

The situational usage of the screen yesterday was an improvement.  Yes, it was executed better as well, but it was used less obviously.  

Bortles' improved play was paramount as the difference maker, but it seems like Marrone+Hackett had this offense in much better position to convert consistently than the Bradley+Hackett version of this offense.  I saw more unpredictability. I saw more variation. And I saw less conservative play calling.  Kudos to the game-planning by the coaches and the execution by the players. 

It really stinks that we couldn't have had 5 or 6 more performances like that one from Bortles and this offense in 2016. 

I saw so many sweeps getting blown up I was praying for a counter. Our running game is limping into this final game and needs improvement this off-season.
I saw nothing more than better execution on the offense. The D looked the same and still had some bad missed assignments and tackles. One thing the should be mentioned is that Prince has been stepping up the last few weeks.

I think Prince and Beachum will be Jags in 2017.

I saw a coach openly talk to a player about a bone headed penalty after Sheldon Day "roughed the passer".

Good to see immediate chastisement and corrective action.