Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Urlacher visits Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Doubt we sign him but it's cool he came to talk to the young guys.
Quote:Doubt we sign him but it's cool he came to talk to the young guys.
I don't think it was for him to play he's retired, unless you know something I don't. 
Quote:I don't think it was for him to play he's retired, unless you know something I don't.
I had heard he could go to Dallas but they weren't interested. I'd love for Urlacher to be a jag. He could teach our defense a lot. I'm

Sure he's got one good year left but I don't know where he'd play.
Quote:I had heard he could go to Dallas but they weren't interested. I'd love for Urlacher to be a jag. He could teach our defense a lot. I'm

Where would he play tho? He isn't as good as Poz at this point/
Quote:Where would he play tho? He isn't as good as Poz at this point/
that's my point I don't know where'd he'd play.
Dudes' a beast.  I watched him play on MNF about 12 years ago and he's the real deal.

Quote:Dudes' a beast.  I watched him play on MNF about 12 years ago and he's the real deal.

Yes he was.
Relax Madden players, he was just here for a visit to give a talk to the younger players.

Quote:Relax Madden players, he was just here for a visit to give a talk to the younger players.
I didn't say we were going to sign him.
Quote:I had heard he could go to Dallas but they weren't interested. I'd love for Urlacher to be a jag. He could teach our defense a lot. I'm

He was great in his years as a player.  Current players would run over him.  I would love for that "one year left" to go to a division rival.
Good to see Bradley looking for unique opportunities to school the youngsters.

Quote:Good to see Bradley looking for unique opportunities to school the youngsters.
Indeed.  Must have been pretty cool for a guy like Telvin Smith or LaRoy Reynolds. 
Quote:Indeed.  Must have been pretty cool for a guy like Telvin Smith or LaRoy Reynolds. 

No doubt.  I'm sure there were some wide-eyed rookies (and probably some vets too). 
Quote:He was great in his years as a player. Current players would run over him. I would love for that "one year left" to go to a division rival.
he's not that far removed. If he's kept himself in shape I bet he could still play at a NFL level.
Quote:he's not that far removed. If he's kept himself in shape I bet he could still play at a NFL level.

I wouldn't take that bet.  Even if he was "in shape" it's a young man's game.  He would just end up getting himself hurt or suck royally on the field.  
He is hear at Coach Babich's request.

There is more than enough fire in the belly, just not any legs left.

Enjoy retirement Brian.

HeadSlap
Quote:Relax Madden players, he was just here for a visit to give a talk to the younger players.
I know that. 
He'd be a great coach.

Quote:He'd be a great coach.
Just because you can play well doesn't mean you can coach...
Pages: 1 2