Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Post Game Locker Room Speech
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Jaguar fans and Merry Christmas,

I'd like to talk to you about the post game locker room speech from Doug Marrone speaking about the fans. He states "You can see what you do with the fans, when you play good football the fans stayed, the fans cheered, the fans were into the game, they were the silent count they were there for ya" This is what "coach" Gus Badley should have been teaching this whole entire time and not letting the players [BLEEP] on us because we weren't there or didn't cheer for them or boo'd. I don't know of Marrone is our guy but hey when you come from garbage coaching to this you appreciate the common sense things that every coach should be preaching.

+1

I especially liked the no big rah rah ice cream party dancing stuff.

Quote:+1

I especially liked the no big rah rah ice cream party dancing stuff.

Because winning is expected and that is what he is trying to teach. It is so great.
How was Gus supposed to give that speech during the losing streak?

Maybe he would have said the exact same thing after a win.

Press conferences and locker room speeches with cameras present reveal very little about what really goes on with a team and the tendency around here is usually to read too much into them or take to infer too much from them. 

Nonetheless - Morrone's comments regarding the fans were wise and well timed for the benefit of the players and the fans he knew would eventually be an audience to the speech.