Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our Weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bortles is 2nd on the team in total touchdowns with 4, only behind AROB who has 6. Wow! Not to say our weapons are bad or good or Blake is or isn't. Just found interesting. Lee has been sensational but rough stats.
I don't care about stats.  Especially in 2016. 

The team clearly has enough weapons on offense to put up enough points to win games when the QB doesn't play poorly.  Anyone can see that. 

The tacks game is a good example of what this offense can be when the QB is above average in his performance.  We haven't seen enough of that this year for the offensive stats to add up properly. 

I just thought it was fun stat not a shot at anybody, just rare to see.
Quote:I just thought it was fun stat not a shot at anybody, just rare to see.

Ah. Gotcha. 

Speaking of fun stats  -  If I'm not mistaken Blake became the only NFL player to ever throw for 300+ yards in a game and catch a TD in the same contest. 

I'd love to have a great RB.
Quote:I'd love to have a great RB.

I'm praying we get one in the draft. If we upgrade the O-Line and add a franchise RB, I believe we can be infinitely better.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dave draft for the O like he did the D this past off-season. It is evident the OL needs some more size and strength and nobody should feel cemented into their positions. It is also obvious that the future RB is not on this roster. There are also a few spots like QB that could benefit from higher caliber competition, but just a few tweaks could make this team night and day better.

Dont look now, but Alualu is actually playing good.
Quote:Ah. Gotcha. 

Speaking of fun stats  -  If I'm not mistaken Blake became the only NFL player to ever throw for 300+ yards in a game and catch a TD in the same contest. 

Bortles and Lee are also the first pair of teammates with a passing and receiving TD in a game since McMahon/Payton on the '85 Bears.
Quote:Bortles and Lee are also the first pair of teammates with a passing and receiving TD in a game since McMahon/Payton on the '85 Bears.

That was sweet. Both passed to each other, 20+ yards, and scored.

I was wondering if that had happened before.

Lee's arrow, due north, and him and leBortleau appear pally at least.
Quote:Dont look now, but Alualu is actually playing good.

Has been all year.
The play was a perfect example of why Bortles should have tried to play Tight End instead of Quarterback. I wouldn't promise anyone that Bortles would have been NFL caliber, however, he has the physical make-up for the Tight End position.

Quote:The play was a perfect example of why Bortles should have tried to play Tight End instead of Quarterback. I wouldn't promise anyone that Bortles would have been NFL caliber, however, he has the physical make-up for the Tight End position.

I kinda' think going 26 of 38 for 325 yards and a TD might have made more of a case for why he chose the right position. 
This team has enough weapons on offense and defense to be successful when Bortles plays like he did on Saturday. He was pretty much solely responsible for 4 or 5 losses this year even though he plays a team sport. Caldwell needs to pick up the correct free agent q.b. in the off-season as well as draft a guy between rounds 2-4. If he really likes Allen, I guess he would only need the free agent, but there needs to be a fair competition between 3 guys. If Bortles is able to get over this year's nightmare performance, at least the team will have depth at the most important position in any sport. 

Lee, Robinson, Ramsay, Jack, Fowler, Jackson, Yannick, Linder, Poz and Ivory (no fumbles, please) give the team a very solid nucleus and I expect Caldwell to fix the offensive line in the off-season. Add in a significantly upgraded coaching staff and there's no reason why this team can't compete in a weak AFC South division.