Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: i will be relocating to Jacksonville FL, do u think this is going to have effect on me becoming a fan?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
i mostly watch combat sports but now i want to get serious into the NFL. i liked the miami dolphins in the past and have dolphins key chain but it wasnt nothing to much.. i liked the jaguars team colors and fans so i have this question do you guys think the jaguars will have an impact on me some kind of fan in anyway since by coincidence im moving down there from tennesse? im not originally from tenn by the way.
Yes. 

@swaguars, that's good to hear. that way i can stay put as a Jaguar fan and nothing else.
I'm relocating there too although I've been a jags fan. Nonetheless it should be fun for ya and I think something special is growing with this team.
@Objectivejag, i do have this weird feeling that im going to convert fully to this team pretty soon. what is Jacksonville like if anyone can give me a brief opinion about it?
i've done some research but want to hear from some people that are from or live there, btw i'm from Atlanta and live in Nashville, tn but i will be moving out the hell hole down to jacksonville fl
@Objectivejag, thanks im going to check that thread out.. very helpful. go jags
Where are you relocating from? That can have a big impact
I recommend that as a new Jags fan, you follow all the basic knowledge for both new Jags fans and new message board members.. Such as..

NEVER capitalize the opponent's name.. example.. clots, tacks and tinhorns..

Always keep 91% in mind.. Most of the time (91% of the time) 91% is the correct answer..

Always remember corn is an option. That's a biggie.. Corn can save a poll made and can be a valuable answer to an in depth conversation..

I'm sure more will be added by follow posters.. Welcome aboard..
Quote:I recommend that as a new Jags fan, you follow all the basic knowledge for both new Jags fans and new message board members.. Such as..

Always keep 91% in mind.. Most of the time (91% of the time) 91% is the correct answer..

Always remember corn is an option. That's a biggie.. Corn can save a poll made and can be a valuable answer to an in depth conversation..

the sad thing is he's not making any of this up...
I live at the beach so im into the ocean,swimming, fishing and boogie boarding. there is an amphitheater  , and on Friday nights there are vendors and they show a movie on the big screen (projection tv ) after dark. lot of shops,restaraunts and sportsbars. live entertainment at a lot of these.

I can be at the stadium in about a half hour. cheap parking on Talleyrand ave.

hopefully the buzz is right this year and the jags are headed in the right direction. if you gonna be a true jag fan youre gonna have to go to the games in the bad times too !

welcome to jax and welcome aboard

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVAL

Why would you ever leave Nashville? I love that place. Of course its probably different when you visit lol
I first moved to Jacksonville about 25 years ago. I didn't like it at first. After a year, I loved it. I have moved away twice, and returned both times. I have traveled and seen much of the world, and in my humble opinion, there is no better place to be than right here in Jacksonville Florida. The last time I left was the last time I ever leave. This is home, and I wouldn't have it any other way. There is so much to do, me telling you what I like wouldn't make a lot of sense. Find what you like, and there will be plenty of it. If it doesn't seem like home at first, just give it time. This town grows on you. Smile

Quote:I live at the beach so im into the ocean,swimming, fishing and boogie boarding. there is an amphitheater  , and on Friday nights there are vendors and they show a movie on the big screen (projection tv ) after dark. lot of shops,restaraunts and sportsbars. live entertainment at a lot of these.

hopefully the buzz is right this year and the jags are headed in the right direction. if you gonna be a true jag fan youre gonna have to go to the games in the bad times too !

You mean this direction?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...will-move/
Quote:i mostly watch combat sports but now i want to get serious into the NFL. i liked the miami dolphins in the past and have dolphins key chain but it wasnt nothing to much.. i liked the jaguars team colors and fans so i have this question do you guys think the jaguars will have an impact on me some kind of fan in anyway since by coincidence im moving down there from tennesse? im not originally from tenn by the way.

It's different than most other places I've ever lived.  I am originally from St. Louis.  Jax is very spread out.  In the mid-west 30 miles seems like a long trip.  In Jax, I commute almost that far to work most days.  It's a very diverse city and of course the Jags are here.   Smile

Depends on what part of the city you end up in
Quote:I live at the beach so im into the ocean,swimming, fishing and boogie boarding. there is an amphitheater , and on Friday nights there are vendors and they show a movie on the

big screen (projection tv ) after dark. lot of shops,restaraunts and sportsbars. live

entertainment at a lot of these.

thanks.. you guys are cool. i will be attending some games btw and go a head and declare myself a fan now.. oh one more thing: let me throw that dolphins key chain in the trash and buy me a jaguars one! thanks
Quote:thanks.. you guys are cool. i will be attending some games btw and go a head and declare myself a fan now.. oh one more thing: let me throw that dolphins key chain in the trash and buy me a jaguars one! thanks
our new logo looks better too.. Although I do think the fish are a pretty good team.
Quote:I recommend that as a new Jags fan, you follow all the basic knowledge for both new Jags fans and new message board members.. Such as..

Hey thanks for the advise I'll make sure I throw that dolphins key chain in the trash and buy me a JAGUARS one and I feel you on the titans "tacks"I actually hate that team now just by spending my time in nashville, dont come here.. can't wait to get down to Jacksonville
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5