Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who do you trust?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Khan or Caldwell at this point?

It boils down to who wanted to hire Gus (I think Khan more so). I believe Caldwell wanted Gus gone but Khan wouldn't let him make a move.

Khan has more power and his patience seems near infinite. I am a Caldwell support but I'd be happier to see Khan completely clean house.

At this point Khan is someone I have trouble trusting.
I trust no one, at least not yet.

Trust but verify....  I doing it right?

OH and Merry Christmas

I trust Khan to make the right decision. I do not fully trust Caldwell. I think 2017 is his make or break year as the general manager. Any other owner wouldn't have tolerated this long of a drought of consistently being terrible. 

I think Khan spent a lot of time and money earlier on focusing on growing the market here locally and internationally. Which is great. He's made some wonderful strides in innovating the game day experience. He's given this team state of the art locker rooms, gyms and next on his list is a better practice field and he'll continue to make the down town area an attraction. 

But now he needs to start finding people he can fully trust in the front office to make the best football decisions that produce victories and not excuses. 

Based on the undertones I heard of Dave saying he wasn't 100% with Gus, I trust Dave more than Khan
Quote:Based on the undertones I heard of Dave saying he wasn't 100% with Gus, I trust Dave more than Khan

The real Marty had a good post break down to counteract those statements.  Turns out the long form interview put Dave onboard more than the recent interview.  It is an interesting short attention span effect with modernity.
Quote:The real Marty had a good post break down to counteract those statements. Turns out the long form interview put Dave onboard more than the recent interview. It is an interesting short attention span effect with modernity.

Ah, I'll check that out because even with him backtracking in the interview, it still felt like he wasn't sold
Khan liked Bradley cus he was a yes-man and he entertained (or pretended to) Tony's analytics approach.
They both stuck with Bradley too long.  (regardless of who was more responsible) 

Outside of that, I trust them both. 

Khan has shown us over and over again that he's committed to making this team work in Jacksonville when other potential buyers of the team may have been looking to move to a larger market ASAP. 

Caldwell has shown a great knack for finding quality talent in rounds 2-5 of the draft.  And I think he's smart enough to learn from his missteps. 

I feel confident we'll see an upgrade at HC and competition at QB in 2017. That's enough to have me optimistic moving forward. 

I think the reason you saw caldwell breaking down earlier in the season or whoever heard about it or what not

khan refused to fire the man, it's really that simple

Neither?
I don't trust Khan at all, the guy has no clue about anything related to football.
Trust? Good God. How [BLEEP] stupid.