Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anyone else almost more excited for the preseason than the regular season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If it goes down the way it normally does, we should see a lot of Bortles in the preseason, or do you think they will limit his snaps?

Nope but that's not to say I'm not excited about it. After about 2 weeks of it ill be sick of it and wanting regular season football.. Then I'll be sad because it always goes way to fast. Found pre season tickets for like $20 bucks so I may go to a game.
Although not as much as the regular season, I enjoy the preseason to see the roster battles and the new guys on the field.  It gives rise to hope once again. 

Yeah but unless things change, right now we're looking at Henne being the starter... i'm just so much more interested in seeing our new QB than seeing Henne blow a game in the 4th.. lol

I agree but it's more important that Bortles develops and isn't put into a bad situation.
No. But I am excited to see our new guys in action.
Quote:I agree but it's more important that Bortles develops and isn't put into a bad situation.
I agree, I'm hoping the team as a whole looks a lot better in the preseason so we at least get some hope for the regular season. 
Quote:I agree, I'm hoping the team as a whole looks a lot better in the preseason so we at least get some hope for the regular season.
I think along with Henne the rest of the offense will be much better this season.
Quote:Yeah but unless things change, right now we're looking at Henne being the starter... i'm just so much more interested in seeing our new QB than seeing Henne blow a game in the 4th.. lol
There is nothing exciting about watching a rookie be a rookie.

Next preseason is when watching Bortles becomes really interesting.
I'm excited for the first back to back wins of the regular season, and ultimately excited for a playoff win or home playoff game.
Preseason is and always will be one of my favorite times of the year... I like young and up-coming players fighting/struggling for a roster spot... I look forward to the depth they can/will provide our team... I like watching it all unfold and playing out as they only make our team better...

No but am looking forward to all the playing time Bortles, Lee, and Robinson are going to get. Please Football Gods Let these 3 men look like future HOF'rs right out of the gate.

Quote:There is nothing exciting about watching a rookie be a rookie.

Next preseason is when watching Bortles becomes really interesting.

Yes there is. Preseason is our only chance to watch Blake Bortles play in 2014 unless Chad Henne gets hurt. We all know that.
I always look forward to preseason. More so this year than in the past since we have so many young guys and well last season left me wondering whats next.

Quote:I'm excited for the first back to back wins of the regular season, and ultimately excited for a playoff win or home playoff game.

Playoffs? Come back down to earth there, Skippy. I think we're a year removed from a shot at making the playoffs. If this team can string together 8 wins this season, I'll call it a major improvement.  Once the rookies have a year under their belt, Bortles takes over and hopefully another great draft/free agency period next year, we should be primed to make some noise !
August 8th at 7:30pm vs the Bucs at home, which is 67 days from today.  Not that I'm counting or anything.

I'm more excited for regular season football, but pre-season doesn't bother me. It gives the younger guys a chance to make a name for themselves and possibly make the roster. Lot of interesting names on the team as well.

I see us as having to cut some decent players at the end of this preseason... THAT hasn't happened in a while.

I'm looking forward to the season regardless of who the starting QB is. The preseason is still nothing more than a glorified practice.  I'm looking forward to seeing the jumbotrons, and the other upgrades at the stadium.  I'm looking forward to seeing the guys back on the field.  But, in the end, I'm more interested in the regular season than I am about meaningless practice games.

Not in the slightest. 

Pages: 1 2