Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who will be the #2 Qb going into 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Caldwell and Bradley seem very adamant on Bortles sitting and learning the offense. If Henne got hurt or just played awful what is the back up plan?  Does Stanzi take over or does Bortles get forced in there?

I think Bortles goes into the season as the backup, but depending on what the situation Stanzi (or Morris) may go in if Henne can't play for some reason.  Later in the year it may be Bortles.  Hopefully it doesn't happen like that.

You'd have to ask Gus for that information my friend. 

Probably Bortles. When Gus and Dave talked about sitting him for a year, they only said he will not be the starter until 2015, not that he will be inactive all 17 weeks.

Stanzi may not even make the final roster. Bortles will be the #2.
Quote:Stanzi may not even make the final roster. Bortles will be the #2.
it was noted that Bradley and Caldwell were really impressed with Stanzi this offseason. Not saying much but if it's truly open competition he'll have a chance.
Quote:Stanzi may not even make the final roster. Bortles will be the #2.

Stanzi has looked pretty impressive according to OTA reports. Gus even mentioned it in his after practice presser. If he continues to impress he may make the roster if they decide to keep 3 QBs. Stephen Morris is headed to the PS in the most likely scenario.
Quote:

it was noted that Bradley and Caldwell were really impressed with Stanzi this offseason.
Not saying much but if it's truly open competition he'll have a chance.

False. I urge you to listen to his after practice press conference.
Quote:it was noted that Bradley and Caldwell were really impressed with Stanzi this offseason. Not saying much but if it's truly open competition he'll have a chance.
I don't think he makes the roster without showing HUGE progress in camp.  If he wasn't worth taking a look at for a few downs last year, late in a losing game, how good can he possibly be?
Quote:False. I urge you to listen to his after practice press conference.
what exactly are youbsay
Quote:False. I urge you to listen to his after practice press conference.
what exactly are you saying is false? Because you more or less said the same thing and i did listen.
Bortles is obviously the back-up. That's just a given. I really, REALLY hope he doesn't have to play this year before he's ready though. Inless they feel like this kid is Ben Rothelisberger during his rookie season, you have to keep him on the bench man.

Barring health issues I would have to assume Bortles is the backup...makes no sense to put Stanzi as No. 2 on the depth chart just to protect Blake.

Quote:what exactly are you saying is false? Because you more or less said the same thing and i did listen.

Shoot my bad. One too many jager bombs....
I think there'll be a QB ahead of Blake to step in, just in case Henne gets injured.  I mean imagine if on the first play of the first game Henne goes down.  We then have to throw Bortles out there, before he's ready.  

Quote:I think there'll be a QB ahead of Blake to step in, just in case Henne gets injured.  I mean imagine if on the first play of the first game Henne goes down.  We then have to throw Bortles out there, before he's ready.  
I understand the reasoning but it's hard to think of the 3rd overall pick being your # 3 QB.
Quote:Stanzi has looked pretty impressive according to OTA reports. Gus even mentioned it in his after practice presser. If he continues to impress he may make the roster if they decide to keep 3 QBs. Stephen Morris is headed to the PS in the most likely scenario.

What exactly did Gus say in his post-practice presser?
For now it will be Bortles the back up!

Probably Bortles, but I'm hoping Stanzi sticks.

Stanzi is fighting for the 3rd QB role, if they decide to keep one.  Bortles is the #2 for now.  Morris will be lucky even to be kept on the PS, as he is just not that good and a camp arm at best (IMO).

Pages: 1 2