Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Woody Paige admits "Jagwads" was the most wrong thing he's ever written
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Article: http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/5/30/5...et-broncos

I loved this part of the article: "I blew AOL," Paige continued. "AOL put on the screen in Jacksonville my e-mail address and AOL contacted the [Denver] Post and said their system had blown because of... 50 million e-mails. That was back in the early days of the Internet."

Jag fans have always been passionate and that is a great example of it!  

I remember being at the stadium that night after the game waiting for the team to come back to Jax, and people were actually walking around with banners that had Woody Paige's home phone number on them.  One of my buddies that was there called Paige and actually got through, only to be shouted down with expletives in the briefest of conversations. 

Good times.

Quote:I remember being at the stadium that night after the game waiting for the team to come back to Jax, and people were actually walking around with banners that had Woody Paige's home phone number on them. One of my buddies that was there called Paige and actually got through, only to be shouted down with expletives in the briefest of conversations.

Good times.

Lol that's great.
I remember it well.  We went up the airport that evening instead of heading to the stadium, and you couldn't get within half a mile of it there were people in their cars honking horns and cheering.  Unforgettable.

I remember it as well.  I thought it was pretty funny at the time.  Especially when we won.

I remember when Denver attempted the final onsides kick which failed, sealing the victory for the Jags, I closed the doors to my bar and all the drinks were on the house for everyone inside. Our liquor license did not permit us to serve after the kitchen had closed so in order to be legal I didn't sell alcohol, I gave it away.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Quote:I remember it well.  We went up the airport that evening instead of heading to the stadium, and you couldn't get within half a mile of it there were people in their cars honking horns and cheering.  Unforgettable.

Yeah, we had gone up to the airport after the Buffalo win, and it was very much the same with traffic. 

Cops were turning people away and directing them to the stadium after the Denver game. 

I remember the plane doing a fly by on the way into JIA, and the place was just electric.  When the team finally arrived at the stadium, it was incredible. 
I tried to order a pizza from the stadium that night. They wouldn't do it. Sad

Quote:I tried to order a pizza from the stadium that night. They wouldn't do it. Sad

Well, it's not a great neighborhood at night.  But, that is a brilliant business idea to have a delivery service that caters to the areas around the stadium on game days. 
Quote:I remember being at the stadium that night after the game waiting for the team to come back to Jax, and people were actually walking around with banners that had Woody Paige's home phone number on them.  One of my buddies that was there called Paige and actually got through, only to be shouted down with expletives in the briefest of conversations. 

Good times.
I was at the stadium to. What a time!!! Smoking big fat cigars and living right at 2:00 am!!! Even my wife was with me. The latest I ever seen her stay up.
I remember feeling so damned proud of my Jags and what they accomplished that season. I look forward to having that feeling once again. It's been much too long.

I've lived in a few major cities and had several teams to cheer for over the years. But that run in 1996 was the coolest sports thing that I have EVER seen. What made it all so great was that it was so improbable, starting with Morten.
I have both the Buffalo and Denver game on DVD. Fun to watch before season starts.
My three greatest local scenes and sports

1.  Denver game with the plane wag on the fly over.  That will never happen again.  With how the airspace is maintained you can't deviate at all.

2. 2011 St Louis death resurrection World Series Champions.  The town was insane and it maintained that amazement for weeks.

3. Watching the miracle on ice while living in New York.  We were so proud of the Olympics in our home state.  Of  course I wasn't in the arena but I was in the state Wink 

It's been such a long 14 years with all the cap casualties, terrible gm's, and lost seasons. But, for the first time in a long time, I really feel like all these really cool memories are something that is repeatable again.

Haven't felt that way in a long time.
Quote:Well, it's not a great neighborhood at night.  But, that is a brilliant business idea to have a delivery service that caters to the areas around the stadium on game days. 

The stadium area is a bad neighborhood?? It didn't seem all that bad when I went by it. I mean, not much there, but didn't seem "bad". 

The areas closer to 95 and that direction seemed a bit worse. 
Was outside the stadium when the players started arriving from the airport.  Some had their own cars and here's John Jurkovich in his red convertible.  What a great night.

[Image: 669u.jpg]

Quote:The stadium area is a bad neighborhood?? It didn't seem all that bad when I went by it. I mean, not much there, but didn't seem "bad". 

The areas closer to 95 and that direction seemed a bit worse.

A few blocks north of the stadium can get a little scary.
Quote:A few blocks north of the stadium can get a little scary.
It just depends on if you're sporting kevlar and packing heat.

:-)
I remember my son and I watching the Denver game in the stadium on the "jumbotron" (my how things have changed) with about 10,000 of my closest friends.

Good times indeed.
Pages: 1 2