Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Introspective Matt Jones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dude takes a rash of well deserved crap but, seems to have gotten it together which is good for him as a person...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJCOFhqQrk4

I might watch it later with that tie and the shaved head he looks like a shady insurance salesman.

Quote:I might watch it later with that tie and the shaved head he looks like a shady insurance salesman.

Meh, I dunno.....he looks more like an NFL player now than he did with that stupid horribad facial hair he used to have. 
Oh, and "Popeye" productions?? lolz

I always liked Matt Jones.... Although I think he's the only person in history that gets slower when doing coke!!! If you played a drinking game with the word "lethargic" during a game broadcast back then...you'd be drunk before the second quarter!!!
He looks like a thug on a court date.

Quote:He looks like a thug on a court date.

I enjoyed this comment WAY to much!!!
I always liked Matt Jones and was upset he got cut after the beer on the golf course incident. I feel like he was turning the corner as a player his last year here.
Quote:I always liked Matt Jones and was upset he got cut after the beer on the golf course incident. I feel like he was turning the corner as a player his last year here.

Me too.
Quote:I always liked Matt Jones and was upset he got cut after the beer on the golf course incident. I feel like he was turning the corner as a player his last year here.

I think he was at that corner for an entirely different reason than being a player.   Confusedweat:
And I thought I was the only one to think that way...
I clicked on the video, watched 20 seconds of it and had to shut it off.. He's another one of those ex Jags that you just want to sweep under the rug..  

I heard Reggie Williams was fired from some sort of landscaping company recently.. Every time he pushed the mower 10 yards, he'd stop mowing and start dancing.. 

Quote:And I thought I was the only one to think that way...

Crazy to think he is only 31 and still could be in the league.
Well, I watched the initial comments, and he glossed over the NFL career, but did mention that he got into some trouble, and did things he shouldn't have done because his parents raised him to be better than that.  It's a shame he didn't pan out in the league because he had the athletic ability to be a very good player in the league.  Unfortunately, that 4.37 he ran in the combine never translated on the field. 

It sounds like he's settling into his post football life back in Little Rock where his wife is a teacher and he is doing radio and playing golf.  Good for him. 

I had to turn it off after they started playing songs about Matt. 

Quote:Meh, I dunno.....he looks more like an NFL player now than he did with that stupid horribad facial hair he used to have.
horribad? Come on TMD.. You don't have to embrace your avatar.