Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A Telling Quote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This nugget of wisdom from Poz, in the aftermath of yesterday's game.

Quote: 

“We took a long look at what they had success with the first time and we changed some things,” Jaguars linebacker Paul Posluszny said. “We had a great plan. Guys were locked into it. We set the edges. They were bounce runners the entire first time we played them. They’d start in the middle and bounce outside for huge gains.”
(Emphasis added)

When was the last time you recall a Jaguars player saying anything like this?

Quote:This nugget of wisdom from Poz, in the aftermath of yesterday's game.

(Emphasis added)

Hmmmmm... I wonder who gets the credit for that? Is,it Khan? By firing Gus after last game and making him ride back with the players.. Did they feel the urgency to play better and harder with their jobs potentially on the line?
Quote:Hmmmmm... I wonder who gets the credit for that? Is,it Khan? By firing Gus after last game and making him ride back with the players.. Did they feel the urgency to play better and harder with their jobs potentially on the line?

I think they have been playing hard, but it was like they were playing tight.   I never saw a lack of effort.   I saw a lot of boneheaded mistakes, a QB who was pressing big time, players very frustrated.   We'll never know the real answer, but maybe they were trying so hard to save Gus' job that they felt too much pressure.   Because it looked to me like they came out yesterday relaxed and having fun.  
The looseness was apparent. Spirits were high. It changes game dynamics...stemming from that feeling you have when you are more prepared. Hooray to Jags.
Its the power of emotional discomfort.

Bill Belichick , Greg Popovich and at times Phil Jackson all have used it to get the best out of teams/players. Also a big part of Coughlins ethos.
Quote:This nugget of wisdom from Poz, in the aftermath of yesterday's game.

(Emphasis added)

To go along with things I don't hear jagaurs coaching saying often, Marrone at halftime: "We're going to look at what they did. We're going to make the proper adjustments. We're going to make sure the players understand the adjustments we're asking them to make."

It's like a real football team with coaching. I love the mandate for no food or hooded during team meetings. They are professionals and should look the part. Come to work. Do work.