Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Curtis Marsh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was editing an old VHS game, Browns at Jags, Dec 24, 1995.  The video quality was spotty, but it was great to see the young faces.  Brunell was 60% with an ankle sprain, so he couldn't perform an encore to the October magic trick of running the Browns' D-line right out of the stadium.  Luckily, Vinny the T was at QB, so there were INT opportunities.  I LOL'ed at the commentators calling Bryan Schwartz "a future perennial Pro-Bowler".  Keenan played for the Bowns and made a lot of nice plays.  He almost caught a Hail Mary at halftime.  This was also before Boselli was recognized as one of the greats, so they barely mentioned him the whole game.

This was the last game for the Browns - maybe ever.  Modell was moving to Baltimore and the Browns were no more.  The expansion deal had not been made yet.  Funny to see Coughlin and Bellichick before any of the 6 Super Bowls they won.

This was the game that Curtis Marsh, rookie 7th Round WR, make 2 absolutely outstanding 1-handed catches.  He also dropped a ridiculously easy catch.  In the end it was Brunell shaking off the leg issue and making a couple of classic scrambles for big gain, then a pass interference call that put us in FG range, down by 1 with a minute left.  Hollis hit the upright and boinked away from 39, but half the Browns D was offside, and Hollis nailed a 34-yarder with no time left.

Just thought I'd bring up that mostly forgotten name from the past.  Marsh had talent but rarely saw the field, especially after McCardell got here in 96 and Jimmy Smith got in his groove.

That was the first Jaguar game I saw in person.

I remember it being very cold that day. I also remember Brunell having a nice scramble TD.

I remember Marsh somewhat. His son was drafted a couple year ago.

Bryan Schwartz early on did look like a future pro bowler. Then he had the knee injury on the really bad grass turf in New England and was never able to really recover from that.
Quote:Bryan Schwartz early on did look like a future pro bowler. Then he had the knee injury on the really bad grass turf in New England and was never able to really recover from that.

Yeah. He was pretty good. I remember him getting some comparisons to Chris Spielman.
I personally miss the Aaaaron Beaeaeasley and Joeoel Smeeeenge days.