Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: You have $15 to make an all-time NBA starting lineup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[attachment=o2]

What's your starting five? You have to pick a player from every position, so you can't have Shaq and Kareem as your bigs for example. Mine:

PG- Magic Johnson

SG- Michael Jordan

SF- Kevin Durant

PF- Kevin Garnett

C- Shaquille O'Neal

PG - John Stockton
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Lebron James
PF - KG
C - Shaq
PG Stockton

SG Jordan

SF LeBron

PF Garnett

C Shaq

Come at me
Quote:PG - John Stockton

SG - Michael Jordan

SF - Lebron James

PF - KG

C - Shaq

Beat me to it.
PG Stockton $2

SG Jordan  $5

SF Durant $2

PF Duncan $3

C Wilt $3

All timer Dynasty

I missed the chart the first time, had to go back and edit the correct numbers in and I realized that I'm over budget. Gonna have to recalculate...

PG - ($3) Isaiah Thomas. His reputation after his playing career has tainted his on court abilities, but he was probably the best all around PG in the League for a good long while.

($1) Walt Frazier. Downgrading the PG spot because I feel like you can operate a team without a great one, although they do make it easier.

SG - ($5) Jordan. Duh

PF - ($3) Tim Duncan. The Big Fundamental is the most lackluster player ever, and the most dominant Power Forward that the game has seen.

SF - ($3) Julius Erving. Durant and James need to grow up a bit until they can take Dr. J's spot

($2) Durant. James was born to make plays, Durant was made to score.

C - ($4) Bill Russell. Might just be the best competitor the League has ever known. Russell owned Chamberlain for pretty much his entire career.
PG - John Stockton

SG - Michael Jordan (6x Champion, 6x Finals MVP, 5x NBA MVP)

SF - Larry Bird (3x Champion, 2x Finals MVP, 3x NBA MVP)

PF - Tim Duncan (4x Champion, 3x Finals MVP, 2x NBA MVP)

C  - Dream (2x Champion, 2x Finals MVP, 1x NBA MVP)
Wonder how they came up with these dollar figures? Shaq at $2 is a steal.
Quote:Wonder how they came up with these dollar figures? Shaq at $2 is a steal.

I'm a lifelong Laker fan and I think Shaq should easily be 5th on his list. I think Duncan was the biggest steal.
Quote:I'm a lifelong Laker fan and I think Shaq should easily be 5th on his list. I think Duncan was the biggest steal.

Yeah, Duncan should be higher for sure. I would take him over Malone and Barkley. As for Shaq, I think he should be third behind Kareem and Wilt. I get the Russell love but if I'm picking an All-Time team I would much rather have Shaq then a 6'9" Russell.
Quote:PG - ($2) Isaiah Thomas. His reputation after his playing career has tainted his on court abilities, but he was probably the best all around PG in the League for a good long while.

SG - ($4) Jordan. Duh

PF - ($2) Tim Duncan. The Big Fundamental is the most lackluster player ever, and the most dominant Power Forward that the game has seen.

SF - ($3) Julius Erving. Durant and James need to grow up a bit until they can take Dr. J's spot

C - ($4) Bill Russell. Might just be the best competitor the League has ever known. Russell owned Chamberlain for pretty much his entire career.

you making up your own prices?? lol

Isiah was 3 and Jordan was 5....Tim Duncan also was 3....You're way over budget. 
Quote:Yeah, Duncan should be higher for sure. I would take him over Malone and Barkley. As for Shaq, I think he should be third behind Kareem and Wilt. I get the Russell love but if I'm picking an All-Time team I would much rather have Shaq then a 6'9" Russell.

I would easily put Olajuwon over Shaq. I realize Shaq may not have quite been the player he would become a few years later, but The Dream made him look silly in the 1995 Finals.
PG: Oscar Robertson $4
SG: Michael Jordan $5
SF: Larry Bird $4
PF: Kevin Garnett $1
C:  Hakeem Olajuwon $1

Quote:PG Stockton $2
SG Jordan  $5
SF Durant $2
PF Duncan $3
C Wilt $3

All timer Dynasty
My team would murder yours.
Quote: 

My team would murder yours.

Not a chance. 

My team would just hack a ShaQ and put him at the line the whole game. 

= loss for your 5. 

Quote:Not a chance. 

= loss for your 5.

Shaw has 4 titles despite hack a Shaq.
Quote: 

Shaw has 4 titles despite hack a Shaq.

Right because they also had the best supporting cast as well. 

Both our supporting casts are great....so the hack a shack would be a liability....one of the few liabilities on either of our teams. 

I win. 
Quote:Not a chance.

= loss for your 5.

Have you seen Wilt's FT%?
Quote:Have you seen Wilt's FT%?

Wasn't he around a 70% FT shooter....
Quote:Wasn't he around a 70% FT shooter....

No...

.511 in the regular season and .465 in the playoffs.
Pages: 1 2 3