Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: St. Johns County Training Camp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is actually very smart of the Jags.  I was a Chiefs fan growing up and they would do similar things by having training camps in their suburbs, to attract the fans.  Heck, I would love for them to take it a step further and give a preseason game to Daytona once they have the race track fitted for a football field. 

Quote:This is actually very smart of the Jags.  I was a Chiefs fan growing up and they would do similar things by having training camps in their suburbs, to attract the fans.  Heck, I would love for them to take it a step further and give a preseason game to Daytona once they have the race track fitted for a football field. 
I am with ya. Great move here by the Jags (another great move)
Quote:This is actually very smart of the Jags.  I was a Chiefs fan growing up and they would do similar things by having training camps in their suburbs, to attract the fans.  Heck, I would love for them to take it a step further and give a preseason game to Daytona once they have the race track fitted for a football field. 

If Shad Khan takes another game away from season ticket holders, even if it's a preseason game, he's going to have a lot of flak to deal with.  I don't see them outsourcing preseason games while the London option is still happening.

I think it's a good idea to do a practice in the community, although I would be concerned about the logistics involved.  Having practices at the stadium means they have immediate access to their medical facilities in the event a player is injured.  If something happens at an offsite practice, they lose the ability to quickly triage an injury and to begin treatment.  Hopefully that isn't an issue. 

No more games away from Jacksonville.
Cool.

This is 5 minutes from Casa de Cabesa.
Heard on the radio they are moving a practice to a high school in Bartram.
Quote:Cool.

So I'll have a place to crash...
I think it's a great idea. The Jags organization deserves a lot of kudos for aggressively engaging the public. It certainly looks like it is paying off with all the enthusiasm. I have to concur with FBT; I'd be concerned with treating injuries in an expedient fashion. But, they are an NFL team and I'm sure they are fully prepared and have all medical and logistics concerns covered. Kudos to the Jags for continuing to reach out.

I think this is bigger news than the SEC chicks coming here to play hoops.

Quote:I think this is bigger news than the SEC chicks coming here to play hoops.

I hope you don't have any daughters.
Quote:Cool.

Same here, it'll be interesting trying to figure out which one the attendees is you.
Quote:Same here, it'll be interesting trying to figure out which one the attendees is you.

He'll be the one dressed like this:

[Image: photo-5482.jpg?_r=1382045717]
Quote:Same here, it'll be interesting trying to figure out which one the attendees is you.
I'll be the guy watching practice.
Of course. Right in my backyard a day after I arrive in India. The badness...
Quote:If Shad Khan takes another game away from season ticket holders, even if it's a preseason game, he's going to have a lot of flak to deal with.  I don't see them outsourcing preseason games while the London option is still happening.

I think it's a good idea to do a practice in the community, although I would be concerned about the logistics involved.  Having practices at the stadium means they have immediate access to their medical facilities in the event a player is injured.  If something happens at an offsite practice, they lose the ability to quickly triage an injury and to begin treatment.  Hopefully that isn't an issue. 
I would gladly accept a 10% discount on my season tickets and lose a preseason game, especially if it is preseason game 1, 2, or 4..

Quote:If Shad Khan takes another game away from season ticket holders, even if it's a preseason game, he's going to have a lot of flak to deal with.  I don't see them outsourcing preseason games while the London option is still happening.

If they took a preseason game and moved it to Daytona, it wouldnt bother me. I could easily make that drive, or choose not to on my season tickets and save the cash. Anything further than Daytona is pushing it, but Orlando would be a great market to try it in.

Might not be a bad idea once our London run is up, depending on how that works out.

Why were u a Chiefs fan growing up? Are u from Kansas City area? I currently live in Olathe, Kansas which is roughly 30 min from Kansas City Kansas. I'm hoping to go to my first chiefs game this year but it's to bad Jags are coming to town.
Quote: 

If they took a preseason game and moved it to Daytona, it wouldnt bother me. I could easily make that drive, or choose not to on my season tickets and save the cash. Anything further than Daytona is pushing it, but Orlando would be a great market to try it in.

Might not be a bad idea once our London run is up, depending on how that works out.

I don't have a problem with them taking a preseason game away from Jax once they've completed the London experiment.  The problem here is that I don't think we're going to see the London thing end any time soon.  I expect to see it extended since the profits are just too good to pass up on. 

Regardless of whether it's a preseason game or not, season ticket holders in general will take issue with losing a second game. 
Quote:I would gladly accept a 10% discount on my season tickets and lose a preseason game, especially if it is preseason game 1, 2, or 4..

The thing is, the odds are they wouldn't give you a 10% discount.  My season tickets stayed the same with 1 fewer home game.  Odds are, they'd just increase ticket prices to keep things status quo. 
Pages: 1 2