Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Paul Posluszny interview with Dempsey on 1010XL getting ready to start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dempsey has been teasing it all morning long on Jaguars Today.  Poz did a sit down for the show on 1010XL.

Fellow Penn State guy, Allen Robinson looks the part.  Big and fast.  Good receiver.

Team has gotten much faster and more athletic this year.

Once they get more comfortable with the schemes, the faster they will play.

There is a lot more energy, and the players are a lot more comfortable with the scheme.  With the guys they've brought in, the team is clearly on the right track.

Comparing Bradley to Del Rio and Mularkey, he says Gus is the most unique coach he's ever worked with.  His one day at a time approach in getting better, and the energy he has allows the entire team to feed off of it.

He says Gus is completely genuine.  He doesn't change.  The positive, high energy approach is just the way he is.

On Henne, he said the team has the utmost confidence in Chad.  He said he's a great leader, and he has good control of the offense.  They trust him and expect him to do well this year.

He is continuing to get better, working on his techniques and fundamentals, keeping his pad level low, using his hands properly, getting in and out of breaks quickly.

With all the changes, he's still the Mike.  He gets to run, hit, and play ball.  There are a few changes to the scheme, but it's all about running and hitting.

The scheme they have is advantageous for the linebacker group.  He mentioned that the line did the best they could last year, but it sounds like there was just a lack of overall talent there to play well consistently.

His main focus with all the change is learning who his new team mates are.  He doesn't keep track of guys who have left.

The LB corps is young, but they have guys who are willing to learn, do everything right, and work hard to accomplish this.  He and Geno are the two older guys in the room with the linebackers which says a lot about how young the group is.  

They have to find a way to mature as quickly as possible on the football field.  Do things the right way, learn how to take care of their bodies, and to learn the playbook.

On Blake Bortles, he is very impressed with the way he carries himself.  The way he works in the weight room, and gets there early to work with Chad and the coaches on learning the playbook are all indicators that he'll be a star in the league.

Does 1010XL have show recap links? 

Quote: 

On Blake Bortles, he is very impressed with the way he carries himself.  The way he works in the weight room, and gets there early to work with Chad and the coaches on learning the playbook are all indicators that he'll be a star in the league.

Perhaps I am reading into this comment, but it sounds almost as if Pozluzsny infers that Blaine didn't do those sort of things. 
Quote:Perhaps I am reading into this comment, but it sounds almost as if Pozluzsny infers that Blaine didn't do those sort of things. 

You're reading too much into the comment.
I'm equally impressed by the positive changes in the team's attitude and energy as I am the improved roster.  Thanks for the recap.  

Quote:Perhaps I am reading into this comment, but it sounds almost as if Pozluzsny infers that Blaine didn't do those sort of things.

Blaine did the same. His problem was applying it on the field.
Quote:I'm equally impressed by the positive changes in the team's attitude and energy as I am the improved roster.  Thanks for the recap.  

It's quite a bit to be enthusiastic about.  The team is going to be better this year.  The arrow is pointed in the right direction.