Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Check this out..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Julio Jones junior college stats: 78 rec. for little over 1100 yards and 7 td..

Allen Robinson junior college stats: 97 rec. for 1400 yards and 6 td..

That just shows how deep it was at WR this past draft..

Stats don't really mean much. They are only part of it.
oh lord
Welcome to The Dead Zone friends.

Quote:Stats don't really mean much. They are only part of it.

Yeah stats are meaningless like wins, losses, points , etc. Stupid stats
Stats are a nice part of it, but the transition to the NFL is key.. 

Julio Jones didn't have better numbers because he was in a run-centric Nick Saban offense.
Quote:Julio Jones didn't have better numbers because he was in a run-centric Nick Saban offense.

Well to be fair, O Briens offense isn't exactly Fresno St.....'K?.....

I think the level of WR pushed to the 2nd & 3rd rounds is telling of what a deep draft this was. 
Quote:Well to be fair, O Briens offense isn't exactly Fresno St.....'K?.....

I think the level of WR pushed to the 2nd & 3rd rounds is telling of what a deep draft this was.

It isn't Fresno State but Robinson was that Penn State offense he had close to 100 catches and I think the next guy on their team had 20 something and their RB was pretty average.

Iirc Jones' last year at Bama they actually spread the ball around. Two of the better college RBs and a couple of their other WRs had decent stats too.
Quote:It isn't Fresno State but Robinson was that Penn State offense he had close to 100 catches and I think the next guy on their team had 20 something and their RB was pretty average.

Iirc Jones' last year at Bama they actually spread the ball around. Two of the better college RBs and a couple of their other WRs had decent stats too.

If anything, wouldn't that make it harder for Robinson to produce those kinda numbers then? Just putting more focus on teh main guy? 
Colt Brennan = GOAT QB
Doesn't mean that much but we all know a rob has talent.

Quote:Yeah stats are meaningless like wins, losses, points , etc. Stupid stats
there is a big difference between stats and points and it's about transition. Look at every Texas Tech and Hawaii QB.. Outstanding stats but they don't transition.
Quote:Julio Jones junior college stats: 78 rec. for little over 1100 yards and 7 td..

Allen Robinson junior college stats: 97 rec. for 1400 yards and 6 td..

That just shows how deep it was at WR this past draft..

That shows me absolutely nothing. Numbers don't tell a story. Words do. If you want to compare two wide receivers, talk about what they do on the field to make catches, how they gain yards after the catch, etc. Nothing else matters if you don't know their specific playing styles and skill sets.
Quote:Julio Jones didn't have better numbers because he was in a run-centric Nick Saban offense.

Yes very boring offense but Jones stood out
Quote:Welcome to The Dead Zone friends.
A Rob is my dude but this all the way.
Quote:A Rob is my dude but this all the way.
this is so dead I can smell Skelton dust.