Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pass Rusher? Making the opposing QBs life miserable...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do we have one as far as a free agent or anywhere on the roster. I'm still learning about Jaguar players and was just curious if we do a good job of getting after the quarterback. This is going to be my first year following this team and can't wait to dee them in action.

Also, how would you guys rate and describe the defense in general? Is the defense good and being held back because the offense can't score (like the Jets) or are there inconsitantsies on both sides of the ball?
Chris Clemmons is a vet. 

Quote:Do we have one as far as a free agent or anywhere on the roster. I'm still learning about Jaguar players and was just curious if we do a good job of getting after the quarterback. This is going to be my first year following this team and can't wait to dee them in action.

Also, how would you guys rate and describe the defense in general? Is the defense good and being held back because the offense can't score (like the Jets) or are there inconsitantsies on both sides of the ball?
well............................................................................................................................ 

the jets................................................................................................

I don't wanna be the person that gives you the history of the Shack-JDR-Gene era but chances are if u do a historical search on NFL.com and search jaguars someone there will talk about it in excess.  

With that said, I don't know if you're just jumping onto the bandwagon early and hoping that the jags turn into the next best thing, or if it's genuine you've decided to like everything that is DUVAL (except for TMD) 

For this season, look for the Defense to be much improved, Andre Branch, as much as most people refuse to admit it, is entering his third year and last year started to show promise. 

Our secondary is extremely young but at times last season looked good and like they were starting to figure everything out.

Our DL overall is revamped so we're all wondering how much improvement will be there, and on the OL it's about the same.  

Depending on the blackmon situation we could have an awesome WR group, or an extremely young and inexperienced group.

Qb has been much desired the past decade

New RB, will the world ever know?

And Lewis is old
Quote:well............................................................................................................................

the jets................................................................................................

I don't wanna be the person that gives you the history of the Shack-JDR-Gene era but chances are if u do a historical search on NFL.com and search jaguars someone there will talk about it in excess.

With that said, I don't know if you're just jumping onto the bandwagon early and hoping that the jags turn into the next best thing, or if it's genuine you've decided to like everything that is DUVAL (except for TMD)

For this season, look for the Defense to be much improved, Andre Branch, as much as most people refuse to admit it, is entering his third year and last year started to show promise.

Our secondary is extremely young but at times last season looked good and like they were starting to figure everything out.

Our DL overall is revamped so we're all wondering how much improvement will be there, and on the OL it's about the same.

Depending on the blackmon situation we could have an awesome WR group, or an extremely young and inexperienced group.

Qb has been much desired the past decade

New RB, will the world ever know?

And Lewis is old
Well I always wanted a back up team to root for, and it's too easy to jump on the bandwagon of a franchise that is doing well like the seahawks, broncos or whoever. I want to slug it out with a franchise that at least show some promise. Besides, being born and raised a Jets fan, there is nothing more that I can possibly see that can make me anymore miserable than I already am...
Quote:Well I always wanted a back up team to root for, and it's too easy to jump on the bandwagon of a franchise that is doing well like the seahawks, broncos or whoever. I want to slug it out with a franchise that at least show some promise. Besides, being born and raised a Jets fan, there is nothing more that I can possibly see that can make me anymore miserable than I already am...

Well you did the smart thing getting on the bandwagon now while it's still seats left lol. To be honest the whole team has new pieces all around. We can speculate but it's really hard to say with certainty where the team stands defensively. I would say overall the pieces are better so by inference there should be improvement but we just haven't seen this collection of players play yet.

I will say it will be fun to watch though because you are going to see a team really build from the ground up. You will watch a team morph its perception in the media as a fan base that will be resurgent about it. All aspects of this franchise has been torn down and are being built from the ground up. The foundation has been laid and the frame is up. The brick and mortar is the phase we are in.