Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tony Boselli elected to hall of fame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
College hall of fame that is.  CONGRATS 71!

He can finally be called a hall of famer. 

Congrats!

Tony Boselli was the best left-tackle I have ever seen.  I cannot remember any other player at that position blocking a guy all the way down the field for something like 35 yards, just shoving and pushing and   shoving some more.  He was a model benchmark for the position.

Quote:Tony Boselli was the best left-tackle I have ever seen.  I cannot remember any other player at that position blocking a guy all the way down the field for something like 35 yards, just shoving and pushing and   shoving some more.  He was a model benchmark for the position.

I remember reading this quote from Mark Brunell: "I never saw 300 pounds move so fast." He was referring to Tony Boselli, of course.

It should only be a matter of time before Boselli is inducted in the other Hall of Fame. He has been nominated for that one a few times.

Unfortunately many people who are not Jaguars fans remember Jonathan Ogden and think he was the best left tackle during Boselli's NFL career.
Misleading thread title. I'm starting a ban petition.
Quote:Misleading thread title. I'm starting a ban petition.

Anybody who accesses the board through the Jaguars.com homepage already knew it is for college, not professional, football players.
I don't go through the homepage.
Quote:Anybody who accesses the board through the Jaguars.com homepage already knew it is for college, not professional, football players.

People go through the homepage to get to the forum??
Quote:Anybody who accesses the board through the Jaguars.com homepage already knew it is for college, not professional, football players.

Well, thank goodness someone posted a thread here because I can't tell you the last time I went to the home page of the website.
Good for him.

I think he'll get into the Pro Football HOF someday through the veterans committee.

I still don't understand how Dwight Stephenson got in but Boselli can't even get to the final ballot.

Quote:Good for him.

I think he'll get into the Pro Football HOF someday through the veterans committee.

I still don't understand how Dwight Stephenson got in but Boselli can't even get to the final ballot.

Gale Sayers and Earl Campbell also had fairly short careers(where they played at a dominant level anyway).  Boselli was the best Tackle in the league during his time, and deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, hope he gets there soon.
Quote:Misleading thread title. I'm starting a ban petition.

i did start it in the college football forum. first time for everything, a thread actually got moved into the main forum!
Quote:I remember reading this quote from Mark Brunell: "I never saw 300 pounds move so fast." He was referring to Tony Boselli, of course.

It should only be a matter of time before Boselli is inducted in the other Hall of Fame. He has been nominated for that one a few times.

Unfortunately many people who are not Jaguars fans remember Jonathan Ogden and think he was the best left tackle during Boselli's NFL career.

I seem to recall a game back then where there was a turnover, and Boselli ran down the defender from behind and saved a sure touchdown.  I remember being amazed at how somebody that big could move that fast.
Quote:I seem to recall a game back then where there was a turnover, and Boselli ran down the defender from behind and saved a sure touchdown.  I remember being amazed at how somebody that big could move that fast.
The was against Cinncy here at home.I was at that game.
Great highlight clip of Tony.Not from his USC days,but still worth watching.

http://youtu.be/HttqqIwBVHI

Quote:Well, thank goodness someone posted a thread here because I can't tell you the last time I went to the home page of the website.
That might explain why you post meaningless analysis of practices that we can watch at a better view than you have online.
Congrats to Tony Boselli.  I'm sure he'll make the NFL HoF someday as well.

Quote:That might explain why you post meaningless analysis of practices that we can watch at a better view than you have online.

U mad?
Quote:U mad?
About what?
Congrats to Tony Boselli and to the entire 2014 College Football HOF class!    This is one of the best HOF classes,  pro or college,  I've seen!   With Boselli certainly being at or near the top of the list of greats from this outstanding class!

Pages: 1 2