Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting analysis of Jags roster by a 2014 opponent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting read and perspective.

From the URL you posted :How will Garcon, Jackson, Roberts and Reed play against the Jaguars secondary and weaker linebackers? How will Gruden attack this weaknes

They assume (based on the current roster) that the Jaguars will have a weak linebacker core (minus Poz - at least they gave him props).  Gus wont let the LBs be weak, in fact its usually his strength.  Everyone puts focus on the Leo but that system would fail if it wasnt for the excellent DBs and LBs.  I mean its almost a 3-4 (just that the Leo is a hybrid of a LB and a DE in my opinion).  The 3-4 depends on fast yet physical LBs like Poz, and former Allen.  I mean its May, who knows if they wont address OLB in FA before the season starts.

Hmmm, interesting an article you post had this to say after you argued with me against it so strongly....

"The team will look to pound the running game hard and often, and use play action to open up the field when teams start to over commit. We all know the routine from our experience with the Shanahan's. Zone running, play action rollouts, timed drop backs etc etc..."

Quote:Hmmm, interesting an article you post had this to say after you argued with me against it so strongly....

"The team will look to pound the running game hard and often, and use play action to open up the field when teams start to over commit. We all know the routine from our experience with the Shanahan's. Zone running, play action rollouts, timed drop backs etc etc..."

Arguing against what so strongly?  You're either delusional, or just outright dumb. Which is it?

The offensive coordinator and the head coach have both said the plan is to run the offense with more of an emphasis on the passing game.  Not pass happy, but more like a 60/40 split toward the passing game.  What is so difficult for you to grasp here?  You think a blogger for the Redskins has a better indication of what our offense is going to look like than the guys who are actually responsible for the playbook? 

Forest Gump was right.
I think he gives the Skins' too much credit, but otherwise good read.

Quote:I think he gives the Skins' too much credit, but otherwise good read.

But that's to be expected.  It's an article written by a homer catering to homers.  C'mon, the guy isn't even using his name. 
Quote:But that's to be expected.  It's an article written by a homer catering to homers.  C'mon, the guy isn't even using his name. 

Yeah, those votes at the end made me laugh. Redskin fans can't fathom the idea of losing to the Jaguars even when their team isn't any good.

I hope Jacksonville knocks off at least two of these NFC East teams just to see their arrogant fans faces.
Not to bad for an outsiders breakdown. I don't see how anyone can say our 7th round pick was a reach (seriously?), but the rest seemed to be fairly accurate. I think our LBs will be better than expected, but the assessment was fair in my opinion. Watson and Hayes haven't proven to be anything more than decent. Again though, I think our LB core could really breakout this season.

We are going to trash RGKnee and the rest of those dirty skins. 

The Redskins are not a very good team because Shanahan will not let them be one.

Quote:The Redskins are not a very good team because Shanahan will not let them be one.

Then it's probably a good thing they fired him.  Wink
Everyone thinks that their team will win right about this time of year. Those guys are no different. They should remember that they did pick one spot ahead of us in this darft though. They may have traded a high pick, but they were ahead of us in darft position, and we can all guess what that means.

All that aside, I thought the article actually wasn't too bad. Guy was fairly factual, and didn't fluff it up too much at all. All things considered, it's a pretty decent read.

If a Redskins fan does not know how good our linebackers are - and he shouldn't because even we don't know who will take over Russell Allen's position - why do you worry about what he thinks? Wait until the defensive depth chart is finalized, then tell everyone if you think we got better or worse at outline linebacker.

Thanks for the post. Though a tad bit homerish on their own perceived strengths, a good read none the less...

Quote:Then it's probably a good thing they fired him.  Wink
I...

I think I'll shut up now...  Ninja