Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2014 OTA schedule released - one session opened up to the public
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm all for it. Let us watch before they start getting the snot kicked out of themselves.

If they are getting 8000 for rookie minicamps, there assuredly has to be some uptick in the season ticket sales, right?

Quote:If they are getting 8000 for rookie minicamps, there assuredly has to be some uptick in the season ticket sales, right?

4,000+ new season tickets have been sold so far this offseason. 
Quote:If they are getting 8000 for rookie minicamps, there assuredly has to be some uptick in the season ticket sales, right?

Yep
Quote:4,000+ new season tickets have been sold so far this offseason. 

With the stadium upgrades/ reconfiguration, what is the capacity for Jags games now?
Quote:With the stadium upgrades/ reconfiguration, what is the capacity for Jags games now?

They are removing 7,000 seats as part of the renovation in the NEZ.  So, the capacity will be brought down to a little over 70k with tarps off.  I don't think it's going to have an impact on the available capacity for Jags games because they're removing the tarps from the upper deck on the east side to account for the seats removed.  The new decking in the SEZ will allow the stadium to continue to expand to around 83k for the UF/UGA game with temporary seating at both ends of the stadium.
Quote:They are removing 7,000 seats as part of the renovation in the NEZ.  So, the capacity will be brought down to a little over 70k with tarps off.  I don't think it's going to have an impact on the available capacity for Jags games because they're removing the tarps from the upper deck on the east side to account for the seats removed.  The new decking in the SEZ will allow the stadium to continue to expand to around 83k for the UF/UGA game with temporary seating at both ends of the stadium.

Dang, 70,000??

Thats still significantly too big for the market? Don't you think? 

What would you say would be an ideal number for capacity that would not only be profitable for the team, but also low enough of a number to start to generate consistent capacity sell outs and a waiting list? 63,000?
Quote:Dang, 70,000??

What would you say would be an ideal number for capacity that would not only be profitable for the team, but also low enough of a number to start to generate consistent capacity sell outs and a waiting list? 63,000?

They're still covering the north and south corners of the west upper deck.  That will bring the capacity down to around 66k or so. 

They're also working to bring down the number of premium club seats by adding some new features like tables people can buy season tickets for.  I don't know how much that will reduce the inventory, but with over 11k club seats, if they can knock that number down a bit, all the better.  The field level seats, and the additional premium seats that will be included in the NEZ under the cabana/pool deck will help with profitability too. 

I don't think they want to shrink the stadium any more than they already have.  So, the 65-66k is the number they've determined to be the cutoff. 

Quote:They're still covering the north and south corners of the west upper deck.  That will bring the capacity down to around 66k or so. 

They're also working to bring down the number of premium club seats by adding some new features like tables people can buy season tickets for.  I don't know how much that will reduce the inventory, but with over 11k club seats, if they can knock that number down a bit, all the better.  The field level seats, and the additional premium seats that will be included in the NEZ under the cabana/pool deck will help with profitability too. 

I don't think they want to shrink the stadium any more than they already have.  So, the 65-66k is the number they've determined to be the cutoff. 

I think those shade ideas would help too.....to sit on the side of the stadium in September in afternoon games with the sun facing you has to be brutal. Thats why Dallas's old stadium was built the way it was - to provide fans some relief from the direct sunlight while still maintaining an outdoor stadium. 

Quote:I think those shade ideas would help too.....to sit on the side of the stadium in September in afternoon games with the sun facing you has to be brutal. Thats why Dallas's old stadium was built the way it was - to provide fans some relief from the direct sunlight while still maintaining an outdoor stadium. 

That's all future plans.  We'll see if they become a reality.
Quote:Dang, 70,000??

In the economic bubble of the 90"s, we were filling the naked stadium, of course I had roofers sitting next to me with season tickets when they wern't making overtime on Sunday's. This place just rocked. Those day's and TC are gone for good. When we win consistently and play Smash Mouth Jaguars football like we used to with the Steelers, then there will be a wait list with 67K sold. When the tarps are gone for good, it will be a good feeling.

HeadSlap

Quote:In the economic bubble of the 90"s, we were filling the naked stadium, of course I had roofers sitting next to me with season tickets when they wern't making overtime on Sunday's. This place just rocked. Those day's and TC are gone for good. When we win consistently and play Smash Mouth Jaguars football like we used to with the Steelers, then there will be a wait list with 67K sold. When the tarps are gone for good, it will be a good feeling.

HeadSlap

Agreed.  I think we'll get there with the new stadium configuration, and with the consistent improvement of the team.  It's a good time to be a Jags fan in Jacksonville.
Quote:In the economic bubble of the 90"s, we were filling the naked stadium, of course I had roofers sitting next to me with season tickets when they wern't making overtime on Sunday's. This place just rocked. Those day's and TC are gone for good. When we win consistently and play Smash Mouth Jaguars football like we used to with the Steelers, then there will be a wait list with 67K sold. When the tarps are gone for good, it will be a good feeling.

HeadSlap

Well, not sure "smash mouth" archaic JDR football will be necessary or even beneficial to generating attendance, as I think if the Jags played 1980's-like Bill Walsh 49ers winning football they'd generate capacity and rowdy crowds too
Quote:Well, not sure "smash mouth" archaic JDR football will be necessary or even beneficial to generating attendance, as I think if the Jags played 1980's-like Bill Walsh 49ers winning football they'd generate capacity and rowdy crowds too

I don't think he was referring to the JDR era since he came in well after the steelers rivalry was relegated to lore.
When the Jags start winning it will explode, hell it's already burning at a pretty good rate. I can see at least a couple of true sellouts coming this year.

Quote:When the Jags start winning it will explode, hell it's already burning at a pretty good rate. I can see at least a couple of true sellouts coming this year.

Exactly.  This town is poised and ready to crush the bandwagon.  All it's waiting for is a team that is capable of consistently earning their support.  I think we're close, and fans recognize this. 

The buzz around town is pretty consistent. 

I was at Publix this morning, and I was wearing a Jag shirt.  Two people started talking about the Jags and how they are really excited about the direction things are headed.  One was a customer who just bought new season tickets.  The other was a cashier who is a current season ticket holder.  Neither conversation was solicited by me. 

People want to get behind the team.  You can see it all over the place.  From my perspective as a fan who has been here through all of the bad stuff, it's fun to see things starting to come back around.
Quote:Well, not sure "smash mouth" archaic JDR football will be necessary or even beneficial to generating attendance, as I think if the Jags played 1980's-like Bill Walsh 49ers winning football they'd generate capacity and rowdy crowds too
There was a unquoted quote when someone jokingly asked Tom Coughlin what Confrence he played in, Tom supposedly responded AFC Hematoma, you know with the Steelers.

Where everybody is Black,Teal and Gold after the game.  It makes a nice story even though I doubt the veracity.

Just like FBT in Publix, people are ready to get behind a winner.

HeadSlap

Quote:When the Jags start winning it will explode, hell it's already burning at a pretty good rate. I can see at least a couple of true sellouts coming this year.

Agreed. Moreover, speaking as a 20 year STH (I'm sure there are others around) the last couple years have a different kind of feeling to them. Things like the BCB and #dtwd are evidence of a growing passion that wasn't even present in the 90s frankly. People were into it then but it was more due to the winning and the newness. For a lot of folks then, that team was still mostly about entertainment.

The last couple of years you've begun to see the emergence of a different kind of fan (or a different kind of fandom in people that have been around awhile). This is the kind of deep-seated, passionate fan that takes things to heart and feels a sense of ownership in the team. It's the kind of thing that teams like the Steelers have going for them and what sustains the fan bases during the down years. The next 10 years or so is important in our case because it will cement that loyalty for a lot of people.

All in all, I think it bodes well for the future of the franchise.
Quote:Exactly.  This town is poised and ready to crush the bandwagon.  All it's waiting for is a team that is capable of consistently earning their support.  I think we're close, and fans recognize this. 

The buzz around town is pretty consistent. 

I was at Publix this morning, and I was wearing a Jag shirt.  Two people started talking about the Jags and how they are really excited about the direction things are headed.  One was a customer who just bought new season tickets.  The other was a cashier who is a current season ticket holder.  Neither conversation was solicited by me. 

People want to get behind the team.  You can see it all over the place.  From my perspective as a fan who has been here through all of the bad stuff, it's fun to see things starting to come back around.

Lots of people come up to me when I'm wearing a Jags T-shirt and comment on how much better the team will be with Bortles at QB.

Pages: 1 2