Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Reevaluating The Cornerbacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
 The Cornerback positions ,has to get better they can't allow teams to have us look like dummies anymore. Example: Seahawks vs Jaguars 2013 game. Russell Wilson had us looking like dumbos

We need guys that can play with aggression and can actually cover there guy. Not a guy who has average speed and always relies on the safety for help all of the time. 

Not saying we can't use more talent, but that was the third game being played by a secondary made up of 3 rookies and a free agent I believe.  Hopefully Colvin will be a solid player next year, and we can find an upgrade for FS.

Oh boy.
Quote:Not saying we can't use more talent, but that was the third game being played by a secondary made up of 3 rookies and a free agent I believe.  Hopefully Colvin will be a solid player next year, and we can find an upgrade for FS.

Yeah, it's interesting to see how people cherry pick stuff, and ignore all of the facts when doing so.

It should be expected that the play from our secondary will improve.  You had a lot of young talent out there last year taking their lumps. 

You also had a non-existent pass rush. 

Even the most pedestrian QB is going to look like a pro bowl star if they've got all day to stand back there and wait for someone to get open.  The front office has put a lot of time, energy, and resources into addressing the pass rush this off season.  If we can improve in affecting the QB, that will make life a lot easier for the CBs and Safeties.  We saw improved play from the secondary as the season progressed.  With a pass rush, that should continue.
Quote:Oh boy.

Yeah, this one didn't exactly start off on the right foot.
The US military has to improve. I mean, remember that day in December 1941? When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and had us looking like dumbos

Quote:The US military has to improve. I mean, remember that day in December 1941? When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and had us looking like dumbos

Those darn krauts!
Animal House references will always be liked by me.  Well played sir

Quote:The US military has to improve. I mean, remember that day in December 1941? When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and had us looking like dumbos

The Germans?
Quote:The Germans?

Yeah? Learn your history man.
LOL the OP was banned for that??

Forget it, he's rolling.
Quote:LOL the OP was banned for that??
No.

Language Warning, but ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Quote:Language Warning, but ...