Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell was on NFL Insiders today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
1. Evans
2. Watkins
3. Lee
4. Robinson

Was our receiver board, according to him. Pre-injury, Dave had a first round grade on Colvin and Gus had him as his #2 cornerback. Also had a first round grade on both receivers.

In other words, we got 4 guys Dave and Gus considered first round talents and top talents in their position group in the draft. If they're right about those four, this is the draft that drastically changes the direction of this franchise.
Agree - if we can match this success next year we'll be in the playoffs in 2015. 

that's awesome.. Obviously this primarily hinges on Bortles but it we hit on 3 outta 4 I

Wouldn't complain.
Colvin is someone i dont know much about but im very intrigued. He could put this draft class "over the top" so to speak.
Quote:1. Evans

2. Watkins

3. Lee

4. Robinson

Was our receiver board, according to him. Pre-injury, Dave had a first round grade on Colvin and Gus had him as his #2 cornerback. Also had a first round grade on both receivers.

In other words, we got 4 guys Dave and Gus considered first round talents and top talents in their position group in the draft. If they're right about those four, this is the draft that drastically changes the direction of this franchise.

Interesting that they had Robinson over Jordan Matthews. 
Colvin and Gratz are hopefully our Sherman and Maxwell. Talent wise, predraft on paper, they're better prospects than those two. Same with Cyprien against Chancellor. My hope is that once we get a real pass rush going and all the guys are used to each other and the system, it will turn out our secondary at the SS and CB positions are actually better individually than Seattle's. Hopefully we get FS early in the draft next year or 2016 to be our Earl Thomas and put the secondary over the top.
Quote:Interesting that they had Robinson over Jordan Matthews.
Why wouldn't they? I did too. Matthews is solid, and he was productive in college, but he's not a better prospect than Robinson and doesn't have his ceiling. Matthews is maxed out imo.
Quote:Colvin and Gratz are hopefully our Sherman and Maxwell. Talent wise, predraft on paper, they're better prospects than those two. Same with Cyprien against Chancellor. My hope is that once we get a real pass rush going and all the guys are used to each other and the system, it will turn out our secondary at the SS and CB positions are actually better individually than Seattle's. Hopefully we get FS early in the draft next year or 2016 to be our Earl Thomas and put the secondary over the top.
If our pass rush improves this year, next year I think we go FS in the 1st and TE in the 2nd!
I'd rather hold off till the third or later for a tight end and go either DE/FS/ILB in the first two rounds. I feel like they'll pick a DE in the first round next year because there's by far a better value for them than the other positions in the first round next year, including TE where the only player worth a first round pick at that position right now is Nick O'Leary. You have Randy Gregory, Shawn Oakman,Shilique Calhoun, Dante Fowler, and Vic Beasley all possibly coming out next year and all possibly being worth a top 10 pick right now. The FS crop is on the weak side value wise in the first round though, I don't see any of them worth a top 10 pick right now.
Quote:Why wouldn't they? I did too. Matthews is solid, and he was productive in college, but he's not a better prospect than Robinson and doesn't have his ceiling. Matthews is maxed out imo.

I'm happy with Robinson. Very happy. But Matthews is pretty much the same receiver Robinson is except also a bit more physical, no?? Plus did it in the SEC. 
Quote:I'd rather hold off till the third or later for a tight end and go either DE/FS/ILB in the first two rounds. I feel like they'll pick a DE in the first round next year because there's by far a better value for them than the other positions in the first round next year, including TE where the only player worth a first round pick at that position right now is Nick O'Leary. You have Randy Gregory, Shawn Oakman,Shilique Calhoun, Dante Fowler, and Vic Beasley all possibly coming out next year and all possibly being worth a top 10 pick right now. The FS crop is on the weak side value wise in the first round though, I don't see any of them worth a top 10 pick right now.
Right now means nothing, lots of things will change come next draft!  Nick O'Leary first round pick?  lol  you must be a Noles fan.  Nobody will draft him in the first even if he was a few inches taller, nobody will take that risk, teams dont want players riding motorcycles and he has already been in a life threatening motorcycle wreck and out now from a different one!
Quote:I'd rather hold off till the third or later for a tight end and go either DE/FS/ILB in the first two rounds. I feel like they'll pick a DE in the first round next year because there's by far a better value for them than the other positions in the first round next year, including TE where the only player worth a first round pick at that position right now is Nick O'Leary. You have Randy Gregory, Shawn Oakman,Shilique Calhoun, Dante Fowler, and Vic Beasley all possibly coming out next year and all possibly being worth a top 10 pick right now. The FS crop is on the weak side value wise in the first round though, I don't see any of them worth a top 10 pick right now.
I dont think O'Leary will even go in the first 2 rounds but I do think Devin Funchess will come out and will be the best TE in the country and probably go mid 1st.
Quote:I dont think O'Leary will even go in the first 2 rounds but I do think Devin Funchess will come out and will be the best TE in the country and probably go mid 1st.

Funchess is going to be really good
Where O'leary goes is really beside the point. DE wil by far be the strength of the top of the first round next year for us, and that really is not going to change drastically.
Surprised they had Robinson higher than Beckham.
We didn't need another 5'11'' receiver
Was surprised with Evans over Sammy

Quote:We didn't need another 5'11'' receiver
your right we didnt need a potential top 10 pick from last year and outstanding playmaker in Lee.
Lee is 6' and they obviously liked his overall skills better, which I agree with. I honestly don't get why everyone is suddenly in love with Odell Beckham, I think making him a borderline top 10 pick was reaching and he shouldn't have went before Lee.
Quote:Interesting that they had Robinson over Jordan Matthews. 
Robinson has better hands and high points the ball better than Matthews. 
Pages: 1 2 3