Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marqise Lee or A-Rob as #1 receiver?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Do you think we got a bonafide #1 receiver in Lee or Robinson? Shorts is a good #2 but which one of these rookies is more likely to be that go to guy?

I don't care about that numbers thing. If we have 2 or 3 great receivers out there who catch balls and make plays, who cares what their WR number is.

Good not bad will always beat 1, 2, or 3.

Robinson is the early favorite IMO, but we shall see this summer.

I think Robinson.
If lee can regain his '12-'13 form, then lee
Dont care. Just give me more than 1 decent receiver on the field at any one time.
I think they will move around quite a bit. Really doesnt matter who the #1 as long as they are effective

I imagine Allen Robinson as the x-receiver (meaning he's the primary #1), Marqise Lee is already penciled in as the starting z-receiver (#2), and Cecil Shorts as the primary y-receiver (#3/slot). But, the great thing about having all these guys is that they're all good and versatile enough to play all the receiver positions so they'll likely take turns throughout the game and season depending on match-ups.
Quote:I imagine Allen Robinson as the x-receiver (meaning he's the primary #1), Marqise Lee is already penciled in as the starting z-receiver (#2), and Cecil Shorts as the primary y-receiver (#3/slot). But, the great thing about having all these guys is that they're all good and versatile enough to play all the receiver positions so they'll likely take turns throughout the game and season depending on match-ups.

Yep, this team has come a long ways from blaming that position just a couple of years ago.
I'd say Robinson because he's not only bigger, but he's still very agile and good after the catch. 

Quote:I imagine Allen Robinson as the x-receiver (meaning he's the primary #1), Marqise Lee is already penciled in as the starting z-receiver (#2), and Cecil Shorts as the primary y-receiver (#3/slot). But, the great thing about having all these guys is that they're all good and versatile enough to play all the receiver positions so they'll likely take turns throughout the game and season depending on match-ups.

hey bro, i went over the middle last series - it's dangerous in there - yur turn!
Quote:I don't care about that numbers thing. If we have 2 or 3 great receivers out there who catch balls and make plays, who cares what their WR number is.

Good not bad will always beat 1, 2, or 3.

This.
I think Lee will be #1 Shorts #2 and Robinson will sub in during red zone situations and 3rd downs, like a possesion receiver / red zone threat.

Thats a waste of Robinson. He's not even that type of receiver and it's not his main strength, and he can do a lot more than that. Robinson fits the bill for WR1/X because he's the best combination of size and speed. Lee has already been pencilled in as WR2.
You gotta understand he's gonna new time to

Adjust. I believe Lee and Robinson will take over as our starters in the next couple years baring Blackmon dosent come back (which I still think he'll be given the opportunity.
this number designation crap really needs to stop. Depending on the play selection, these 3 will line up in all different spots.

Cecil will be the go to guy for now.

#1, #2,#3 receivers is a really dumb terminology, especially these days when some teams are throwing the ball 50x a game.
Quote:this number designation crap really needs to stop. Depending on the play selection, these 3 will line up in all different spots.

#1, #2,#3 receivers is a really dumb terminology, especially these days when some teams are throwing the ball 50x a game.

Cecil is not a go to guy. He's at his best when theres already a goto guy taking the focus off of him, and he cleans up the garbage. 

Quote:this number designation crap really needs to stop. Depending on the play selection, these 3 will line up in all different spots.

that I would agree with although unless Shorts gets resigned (there's talks of it now) I don't see him in the long term picture. Obviously lot of this depends on the development of Robinson and Lee as well as what happens with Blackmon.

That is true. Didn't Jerry Sullivan say he doesn't go by those number designations?
Quote:That is true. Didn't Jerry Sullivan say he doesn't go by those number designations?

Neither do our big brother out west the Seahawks. They don't have a true number 1 WR either and seem to be doing ok.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5